[Browse] Sort / Filter new Releases by Albums and Singles

It's time for Spotify to add some new search filtering of it's music catalog.  It would be great to search new & old music by album type: full or single.  It can be quite annoying to start listening to some new music only to realize that you have selected a single of which plays over and over again. 

I believe that Spotify should A/B test this functionality to see if their customer base wishes to use search and use their database more efficiently.

Again, all we are asking is for a better way to filter Albums from Singles.

No doubt Spotify was built on risk taking, so what do they have to lose?  Just test it and I'm sure the data will support it.

** Please note this Idea has a short shelf life.  If it does not get enough  Upvotes, Spotify will close the Idea.  Please UPVOTE to make this change a reality 

Updated on 2018-07-22

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-22

Marked as new idea.

hutber

This has been driving me *mad* on google music. So I thought, maybe spotify would have added this feature. I was/am that nnoyed by not having this feature that I wanted to cancel my google music subscription after talking to their support, there are no plans to do this currently.

But I have no reason to leave google music if spotify don't have this feature either.

jdubbish
Casual Listener

This feature idea has been posted several times over the past few years. I can't believe how some other features get so many upvotes, and this one has never gotten more than a few hundred. People complain about it all the time, but apparently they must not be community members.

Let's spread the word and push this idea to the top!

rhythx

What has the world come to when all we care about are singles?  I just want to know when an artist releases an album, and it's seemingly impossible on spotify!  What the heck?  Even if filtering is too hard for your dev team, at least put an icon so that I can tell whether a new release is an album or a single.  So simple!!!

ctmiller11
Regular

I can't agree more. They have their "cratedigger" playlists and such, but I want to actually crate dig and try to discover new artists. Instead I have to be disappointed by Singles looking exactly the same as Albums and most of them are just popular artists that come out with ANOTHER single every week and clutters the entire feed with useless music that is better fit for just their playlists. Let me look at new albums please and allow me to discover new artists by actually allowing me to see that they released an album.

ckors

I upvoted even though the idea does not go far enough.

Take an artist like Mozart for example. His catalog is HUGE... if I want to see if any of his music is available as singles, or want to check out what other albums his music appears on, I have to scroll past literally hundreds of Mozart albums. I tried once, and gave up after 3 minutes. There are too many albums to get to the singles or "appears on" part. 

SeanT
Regular

This has been asked for in one way or another since 2015, COME ON SPOTIFY GET IT DONE!!!

mdesatnik
Casual Listener

I feel like time is running out on this.  We need more kudos! Does anyone know anyone who works at Spotify? Are we wasting our time with these requests or what?

hutber

Losing money!!!

mcnalpal

I would like to see albums separate from singles in the new releases section.   I don't search for singles, and I'm tired of being falsely excited by new releases that aren't albums.