[Browse] View larger album cover

I would like to be able, on all platforms, to zoom in on larger versions of all album covers.

I listen to a lot of classical music, and there are almost always multiple recordings of a given work. So for example, I might search for something like "Mahler 3" and then scroll to see which recordings of that symphony are available. But unless I happen to recognize the cover art from the thumbnail, it can be difficult to tell which orchestra is playing, with which conductor -- and those are important to me in determining which recording I want to listen to.

The issue is particularly bad on the mobile app, where the cover art is tiny. On all apps, I can click through to the album to see more information, which usually includes what I'm looking for, but on mobile and in my browser that information is often truncated (and in the Windows desktop app, I often have to maximize the window to see all the info).

I know that there has been a similar implemented issue (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-View-larger-Album-Art/idi-p/112292), but that one deals with viewing the cover art of an album one is already listening to, and it only applies to the desktop player. I would like to be able to view a larger version of the cover as part of my browsing process, before I decide which album to listen to.

Updated on 2020-01-20

Marked as new idea.

Comments
DAFRA
Music Fan

Also, being able to flip the cover and view the backside would be nice...

asherber
Casual Listener

I absolutely agree about seeing the back of the cover as well, but I don't think the labels always make those photos available. It would be great if we could access that for albums where it is available.

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-20

Marked as new idea.