Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canadian Student Discount

I understand Spotify is not entirely in Canada yet, but when it is, it would be great to receive a student discount like the US students.
Comments
LifeWulf

One thing I'd like to clarify so Spotify doesn't make the same mistake that Apple did:

Colleges and universities are NOT the same thing in Canada!

Apple Music offers university students a 50% discount, but not college students, which leaves out something like half of all post-secondary students...

tinotenda22

Please this could go a long way in having more subscribers here in Canada , a lot of my friends here against joining because of the inavailability of a student discount subscription.

Claris11

I sign to this cause, i dont like apple music but i have no choice

asmith709

Get it together! Student discount shouldn't take this long to setup. 

mammamia13

Yes, it's been more than two years and we are still waiting. I will not pay for a premium account, unil we have this. You are discouraging many subscriptions. 

m2emery

Just reposted about this and @MartinStoichkov archived it and sent me here... Not sure why as this post has been a good idea since 2014 and has seen absolutely no action. Why bother telling me to comment and vote if they aren't going to do anything? Spotify seriously showing they don't care at this poin

krazykanadian

Apple Music offers the discount to Canadians, why can't Spotify? It seems that Spotify doesn't care about Canadian customers. 

maursader

It's over, they finally got it. I've been posting in this thread for two years for this moment. I'm still with Apple Music though. Need a bigger incentive to give up my Taylor swift $4.99 Apple Music subscription.

Spotify just matched apple's deal which could have been done long ago. Try to win your old customers back Spotify. I didn't come here for years to have a price match. Make it sweeter.

MattSuda

Good news!

The student discount is now available in Canada:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/student

If you are still a student, check it out.

Note: Due to restrictions, this offer is unavailable in Quebec.

https://press.spotify.com/2017/04/19/spotify-premium-for-students-launches-in-33-new-countries/

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented