[CarPlay] Voice Command in CarPlay

The new in-app voice search/command in the iOS app is fantastic and works great. You should add a tab in carplay that allow for voice searches and commands. 

Updated on 2018-05-31

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Ashley_Gaunt

Yes 100% agree, currently I have to get my phone out the armrest box and do a search.. a bit more dangerous than if I'd had my phone out like the days before carplay!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-31

Marked as new idea.

gelmax

This is a no-brainer... just do it!!

milk_

+1  - just do it ...

CaptainBaker

Just a microphone button at the top would be enough, as long as I can make the same search queries for artists, playlists, songs, etc.

tweeters
Regular

It’s clearly doable because both Apple Maps and Google Maps allow searches in the same way. 

bendyminge

+ Spotify, customers clearly want this and it isn’t a difficult change to make, so what’s the hold up?

pnk3

This seems like a super basic feature that should exist. If it’s not added soon then I may just cancel my Spotify account and go back to Apple Music. 

Adamreading1

+1 for this, I use CarPlay with Spotify every day, and its so frustrating not to be able to search for tracks while I’m driving. 

how_james

Adding voice search would improve Spotify tremendously on CarPlay. If like me you have a lot of albums saved to your library it makes it virtually impossible to scroll through your collection alphabetically while driving. I find I rely on my recently played list to select something quickly which is really restrictive. Incidentally voice search is used in Waze on CarPlay and in my view it’s one of its best features.