Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
RAID27LEVI

JUST LET US  CHANGE OUR DMJFSDF4SDFS5DFSD USERNAME

Due to everything that has been happening with Facebook, I think this should be reconsidered. I have been a paid member since 2012 and I don't want to lose all my playlists when I delete my FB account.

FurkanmAtaman

I want this. I want to change my username..

We do understand, We can't change your name. The only thing you could do is
vote:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/4432013#M147202

Nick
Neraven

So commenting is voting? Then I am voting for it.

Lets keep our usernames what we want it to be! (I refuse to remember stuff like rud8s9ns9hoiu3o2n)

spotifysucksbit

THIS IS SO F****** BAD, ARE U SERIOUS??!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M STILL SUPPORTING SPTOIFY WHERE YOU CAN'T EVEN CHANGE YOUR USERNAME!! THIS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A QUESTION!!

asciiM0

@spotifysucksbit  You are supporting it because it's best!

My two cents...

There is this wish of thousands of Spotify users - for years now. Spotify ignores / rejects it. Of course uers get mad about that - which is comprehensible in my eyes: It's frustrating not getting a single reason for this decision (if it is a decision and not just ignorance). Even a lie would have been better: "The Lithium platform just does not provide username changes." for example.

Information generates understanding. So please someone from Spotifys staff or someone who just knows: Give us a single good reason! Just one, please!

(Of course I did not read all 30 pages! If a good reason is given within this thread, could please someone by so kind as to copy it?)

wunnspeed

Quite honestly, if you can't choose your user name, what's the real point of even having it or calling it a User Name? To me, if you're going to give each user a 'name', at least make it random numbers and call it a user ID or Number.

claram-h

I find this so frustrating. Not only is this a baaaasic account setting that should have been available at the beginning, they should have added it right away after so many people have complained. Personally, I made my spotify account with my birth name, and there's no way to change it. It may seem like such a small thing, but I hate having to have that reminder several times a day. I'm really mad that this has been put on hold, as it would take a competent programmer less than a day to create this feature, which literally every single thing with accounts would be able to tell you, as Spotify is honestly ridiculous for not having this feature. Really, it shouldn't even be considered a "feature".