Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear play queue

I have to restart my spotify when I accendently start a song from a search instead of adding it to the queue (happens often to me), would be lovely if there would be a clear button for all the songs added to the queue by spotify it self.

Updated: 2020-12-17

We're happy to announce that we have implemented the Clear queue feature on our mobile app as well.

Just open the queue and you should see the Clear all button at the top

EoqO9Q7WEAIppqJ.jpg

Updated: 2017-01-16

Hey folks, you can now find a 'CLEAR' button on the Play Queue in your Spotify Desktop app. 

If using Spotify on your mobile device you can check the songs in 'Up Next' and then select 'REMOVE'.  

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.47.58 AM.png

Comments
djham89

I found a solution, at least for desktop users. I don't use it on mobile and I don't have a paid subscription. 

Select the songs in the queue you want to remove, with either shift or ctrl + left clicking, which are standard windows selection methods (ctrl+a also works), and then hit the 'delete' key. 

There should be an button on the player somewhere or in the queue window, or something in the right-click options window, but it is still much simpler than it appears.

mswelch
Also extremely disappointed to see this three-year-old post. Come on, Spotify. The only way that I can get my queue to clear today was to log out of the app completely. Ridiculous. I kept trying to play an album, but after a song it would switch back to the queue. I even tried adding on to the I even tried adding the album to the queue, but it's almost like it's stuck in some kind of weird loop. It just kept coming back to the queue.
airhokori

hi guys 
i'm new to all of this so i don't know how to post this to the board itself..

but iv'e run into a pretty annoying problem and i need to fix it.

when i click on a playlist and set it to 'shuffle' it will play one song and then move on to something that isn't even on that playlist. i have never had this problem until yesterday. 

please help? i have to have a certain kind of music playing while trying to sleep or i'll get really bad anxiety. and waking up to dubstep is not fun. 

H9inger

Yeah, fix the freaking queue. It really sucks to be honest and is the only thing I absolutely DESPISE about Spotify. Want an example of a good queue system? Look at Google Play Music, it's perfect. You can rearrange songs in your que, you can swipe away to get rid of the song (and an undo button shows up at the bottom in case you did it by accident). It has the option to clear queue WHAT A CONCEPT HUH? As to the response given by Spotify the queue should be a basic feature, put the suggestions thing on hold or whatever and fix what everyone who uses Spotify needs. You won't have a perfect product if you focus on other things before this issue. I can't even click on a song I want to hear without using a workaround to stop the entire album from playing. What the heck is up with that. This is so bad that I'm questioning my subscription for the service. Yeah, I think it's that bad. Get it together Spotify.

LadyeUnicorn

I found it... 

Go to your queue (the three lines next to shuffle/lyrics)

Choose the songs you want to remove (I'm Windows, so either shift or ctrl to choose all or specific)

Right click on one of the songs you chose

The window that pops up has "Remove from Queue" at the bottom

SpotifyQueue.png

spotifytcb

What the hell am I paying subscription for? The darn queue is so hard to work with???? It's such a simple thing to implement and you have not implemented a full queue management system in 3 years??? 

Come on guys? You're gonna be short of many loyal customers because of this..... FIX IT!

Delete Play Queue

I added a bunch of songs to my Play queue and now when i play my playlist it plays one song from my playlist then starts playing from my play queue. I want to only play from my playlist and delete whats in my queue, there are over 300 songs in my queue. Why cant i select all the songs in my queue and delete them at once instead of one by one or why cant i delete my queue and just play my playlist. I am a Premium customer. Thank u. NV

maxypunx

Every time I start a new artist or song radio or a new album playlist, the next song is always inevitably from Thievery Corporation/ The Studio Album Collection, which I put on my queue by mistake instead of puting the album on a new playlist. I started different stations of diverse categories and i keep getting the same freaking songs over and over again. How do I fix this?

aminvali

How can we get in touch with someone fro spotify ?

This is what happens when we pay them every month and they don't give a **bleep**, because we pay anyhow, why should they bother to fix this ?

aminvali

I ask everyone to go this link and GIVE KUDOS to the idea. maybe it gets fixed.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Clear-play-queue/idi-p/11243