Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
SnowLeppard

Connect wipes whatever you had queued up on your phone, helps drain your battery and mobile data allowance, and now it's started showing different songs on mobile/desktop and pausing desktop playback because apparently I'm playing music elsewhere. They really should have thought about this before they forced it upon us.

Rapti

I actually like how I can start listening to an album on my computer and continue listening on my phone when I have to leave. I think a checkbox in the settings to turn this feature on or off would be the best way to satisfy everyone.

Just installed GSam Battery only to disover how shockingly much my battery was suddenly being drained everytime i used spotify on my computer.

Now finding out that this is a known issue and Spotify does nothing about it... Well I thought they cared more than this.

Seriously thinking about rooting my phone only because of this so I can install a "hacking" app to stop it. What else to do?

Maybe uninstalling spotify is the only solution, very stupid decision from the developers, who obvioulsy isn't even reading this....

Matty

I think this should be configurable! On my laptop, I'm not usually "listening" to the music just giving myself background noise so I can focus on my work. Whereas on my mobile I'm more focused on new music and finding great new songs... I could do this before since I'd finish listening to my playlist when I got to work, then resume right from where I left off on the way out of the office 🙂

stevil30

Hey everyone, Spotify staff here. We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' since this specific function isn't in our current pipeline.

seriously that's complete bull**bleep**

if users are having to use third party choices to make your app less annoying.. you need to rethink your "pipeline"

trowpa

Absolutely need to be able to disable it.       Please reconsider!!!!!!!!!

Can't use spotify on two of my own devices at the same time because they both want to control each other.   Idiotic!!!!!

This enough to make me consider cancelling my premium membership.  "Not right now"???? Really?? What a crock!

grundkonzept

Please make it able to disable the connect mode.

Its terrible to use spotify without that feature!!!

Why should i pay for that kind of useless function!

cool_dave

Why do they refuse to fix this obviously very annoying problem? Why is it so hard to fix? It should be very easy to actually give us a choice. Do they really ignore their customers like this? Is it possible to download an order verison of the mobile app that did not have Spotify Connect? Would that work until they fix the problem?

zebulon303

There are obviously many many reasons why you'd want control over this feature. Another one in addition to those mentioned is if I want to keep playing music on one device while I use another device to preview and cue up the next song I'd like to hear. Right now, this seems to be impossible. Say I'm playing music from Spotify on my laptop, and I start Spotify on my phone to look for another song. The message says I'm controlling the music on my laptop. In some cases this could be great, but I want to listen separately on my iphone to find the next song to play. You could just add an option to this screen to turn off Connect. PLEASE.... it just makes sense. It could be a really great feature IF one could control it!  🙂

i98karwe

My issue with Connect is that I often play a playlist from my laptop whilst adding/removing songs in another playlist on my mobile phone. When I search for a song on the mobile, and am unsure if it's actually the one I was looking for, I want to listen to it just a bit to check. Spotify having forced this Connect thing on me makes this impossible unless I go offline with the laptop - which I obviously don't want seeing as I also use if for e-mail, facebook etc.

I just don't see why Spotify says "Not right now" to the idea of letting us users decide what we want for ourselves. It's like Spotify has turned into U2... just kindly informing us that they know what we want a little BETTER than we do ourselves.