Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
eoconnor37

This has seriously curtailed my use of Spotify.   I build work-appropriate queues on my desktop at work, only to find it supplanted the next day by whatever I last listened to on my iPad at home (really??).  I started to get excited about creating workout playlists so I could start to work on getting healthy, to again realize it would mess up my workplace queue.  (Admittedly, a bit of rationalization going on there, but 

Spotify is definitely not helping the situation, lol.)

i already switched to a different music service for falling-asleep music, but that at least made sense since I use the same device (ipad) I otherwise use at home.  Surely as a Premium user, I should be able to enjoy a different queue on each of my devices.

Please make syncing across devices optional!

israelshirk

Apart from the delayed feedback loops between my devices due to this feature not working properly when connectivity is imperfect, I'd really just appreciate being able to leave work at work...

james3green

Anyone have any news of this? Just had an update, wondered if there's been any implementation to give the option to turn this function off?

I do not use Spotify any more at work (desktop machine 8 hours a day) as I don't want to lose my place from what I'm playing (on my phone) during the commute.

Spotify: You are losing 40 hours a week from me as a listener just because there's no option to override this function. I understand how it would be a cool tool for some use cases, but users always need an "undo". Go find your usability experts and listen to them, not your developers and their "technical restraints".

Cheers

Prestige

This god darn feature is only ruining Spotify for me. 

Apart from the community members here who are trying their best to help, are there people here on these forums working at Spotify who actually visit these forums? Or are they all genuinly incompetent that they can't even provide an answer? Not only is your customer service **bleep**ing atrocious, but now I need answers. 

My phone or Mac keeps getting connected to several other people running Spotify on their Macs or iPhones, where I'll get the good ol' retarded question if I want to continue playing "here" or whatever device they're running it on. Lately it's gotten worse at home where others now for some reason keep getting connected to my mac or iPhone. I thought Spotify Connect was limited to people using the same Wifi, but apparently that's not even the case.

Lately I've had this user/neighbor interfering my playlists with his own and I don't understand the logic behind it at all. Now you might wonder how he's any different than the rest of the cases. Well today I noticed that his Android phone had somehow taken a place amongst my "offline devices". How the **bleep** is that even possible? I hardly expect a middle aged man in his thirties finding out my password somehow (which is far away from "qwerty1235") to add his own device as an offline device. 

No, something must be so fundamentally broken with Spotify Connect which somehow made this happen, letting his account or whatever bypass this, cause I'm fairly sure he's a premium subscriber himself. I will bump this goddamn thread until this gets thorougly noticed or tech-support help, cause this can't be something everyone is experiencing. 

Darn? Really? What are you stuck in the 1800s? Does your american partners have that much of a strong hold on you when it comes to profanity? 

SethEheart

I gave up. I tried to reach customer service and nothing. I have it linked to my Facebook and someone is playing music on my account even after I change my password. Somewhere the accounts are REALLY getting messed up. I've decided to take the weekend and transfer my playlists to Google Play, which I love. I'm done with Spotify. 

Prestige

I saw the other thread which you had been commenting on in accounts, so apparently I'm not alone here. What a f****ing s*** feature this is. It truly is. It's simply ruining the experience since I can't use it anymore. I sure as hell won't go into offline mode since Spotify were dumb enough to constantly implement that stupid "remove airplane mode" and go back to online every god d*** time. 

purplishblack

How can you just say: "We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now". You can't just add something to an app and then just **bleep** the consequenses when it doesn't go as planned. My batterytime isn't worth your **bleep**ups. I'm going back to mp3:s..

emaijala

Another premium user here appalled by the lack of a way to disable Connect. It's not just that the feature gets in they when using Spotify on an Android phone but it also causes irritation and confusion between my work and home computers.

Starkilla55
I want to play different songs on different devices
lddk23

Falling on deaf ears, I'm sure, but for the love of God, just make the Connect feature a switchable option. It cannot be that hard. Truly insane that I have to even add to this thread.

[edit] I came back to add the one other annoying feature about this that I haven't noticed mentioned 9but in a long thread of complaints, who can really keep track?): if I do start playing my music on a desktop machine and my Android decides to "connect", then a while later it goes into background mode and stops paying attention to the desktop, when I come back to my Android later, it's only remembering the playlist where it left off when it went into background mode. Let's say that was 10 songs ago. So now, the only thing I can do is start the previously connected playlist at a point that the desktop was in the playlist 10 darn SONGS EARLIER. Which is like rubbing it in my face, because even if I accetped the fact that Connect was not optional, I can't even continue the dektop playlist when I, for example, leave my desktop and get in my car. My phone is now behind the times.

The feature is utterly stupid unless it was optional. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO MAKE A darn ON/OFF SWITCH?!?!?! This thread (and others) are over a year old now. How much of my premium subscription $$$ is going to stupid cosmetic b.s. and not to actual user experience, which is listening to music?

I literally would've switched to Google music a long time ago but Spotify desktop app is a way easier way for me to listen while at work and essential from my HTPC at home. I'm getting very close to ditching it and going to Google music with a HEOS or Sonos speaker system.