Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
groug

I, as a lot of people here, use Spotify at work and at home/on the way home. I like listening to albums in their entirety, so when I leave work in the middle of an album, I want to resume playing it the next day (same goes on at home). Now it's not possible anymore...

I think this is a nice feature, but it's a feature I don't want to use, we should have the choice of disabling it.

TrivialThinking

PLEASE! Make this a thing. It is endlessly irritating to have to deal with my queue being destroyed every single time I change. The fact that the idea is not "already in the pipes" is a bad excuse not to change that fact, in my opinion. This post has been up for over a year and was recognized has having been seen, yet nothing has been done to rectify the problem that many seem to have with this feature. I think spotify is a great music player and service, but it seems that every update just comes with a few new features (some neat, some totally pointless/awful, some awesome) and a host of small problems and annoyances for many that will never ever get fixed. Most of the problems I've had (like this one) could have been easily solved with a quick fix like allowing users to opt in to a feature, rather than forcibly implementing it for everyone. Half the time it kind of seems like all anybody is ever working on there is coming up with new ideas that I didn't want, need, ask for, or really care all too much about (usually) and NEVER on coming up with (seemingly) simple solutions to heavily vocalized, recognized problems like this. As a longtime supporter of Spotify, I feel an urge to give the chance for these types of problems to be fixed, but as a paying customer, I have the responsiblity to recognize when the service I'm paying for does not appear to care about what it's users want. At this rate little problems like this are going to end up being the reason I stop using spotify altogether, becuause it is becoming apparent they don't care about the actual request faithful, long-time customers, no matter how little the cost to them.

(Not to mention this post is a steady stream of consistent complaints that have been going on for a year with absolutely no sign of impending action.)

So if I cancel my premium account will it also cancel Spotify Connect? Please let me know. For premium I would like a choice. Thanks

kjak

I have different playlists for my work laptop, my phone, and my home computer. Now I have to manually find my way back to where I were in each list every time I switch device. This feature is driving me nuts. Please make it optional!

asldbgpixzcuvgi

This is terrible for people with multiple simultaneous things playing. I'm on the trial and will cancel if I can't disable it by the end. I'll gladly pay for premium if it is.

ferrodmendes
Please make connect optional! It is very annoying i simply hate it!!
gsimon75

Still no way to disable it, so that was it, I'm just cancelling my subscription.
Goodbye, Spotify, maybe in 5-10 years I'll check the situation again, if you are still on the market.

AtreX

Totally agree with the above people, having spotify syncing play queues accross multiple devices is a glorius feature and I understand if many people love it, but it turns my listening habits completely upside down as I want one kind of music at work (playing from my computer) and keep listening from where i stopped my audio book when I walk back and forth to work from my phone (and then perhaps something nice and funky when doing chores back at home or just chilling out at a third device). Again, I'm not trying to listen in different places simultaneously, I just want all my devices to be "by them selves" when it comes to play queues!

PLEASE implement a way to disable this feature, either per account or per device, to me it doesn't matter, I joined this forum for this reason alone and really hope it's possible to make a change!

SpotifyJJ

I finally decided to try premium and am immediately greeted with this "feature" when listening on my PC.  This feels like a very poorly implemented DRM mechanism.  Unless it changes in the next three weeks, I will cancel my premium account.

meackah
Same to me, hate this future. My wife cannot work anymore when I am listening to music (both devices are mine). Please give option to disable !!!!