Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Sinistertwin

I have multiple issues with Spotify Connect.  It's convenient when it works, but randomly I'll be listening to music on one device and it starts playing (umprompted) on another.  I have 2 computers and 2 mobile devices and I have to put the mobile devices in Offline mode while listening to music on either of my computers unless I want to control the player.  Most of the time, I don't want to and it needlessly uses the battery of my mobile device.  Just now (and this happens frequently) I was listening to music on my laptop, when suddenly Spotify connected to my desktop in the other room and started playing the last song I had on in there.  When I force it to play on "This Device" it plays that same song, losing the position I was at in the song I actually chose to listen to.  This is a feature we didn't ask for and has issues so I think it should have the option to be disabled.  At the very least, there should be a priority system so playback doesn't randomly stop on the device I actually chose to listen on.

EarlPurple

I would put this right near the top of the list of priorities.

alwaysanswerb

Spotify Devs, 

I don't have the privilege of knowing what it is that you all deem more important than fixing this, but it is a lot more than people being typically cranky and fussing on the internet. I have spoken in person to friends and coworkers about this, and though some have concded that it is *potentially* useful to be able to control desktop Spotify from a phone, in fact this feature is buggy, poorly conceived, ill-received by the majority of users, and probably should never have been released in its current state.

Were there beta testers? Can I know who they are so I can write a strongly-worded letter? I have been having ongoing problems with Spotify connect (and other issues) since last summer and as a result have almost completely switched back to iTunes and am using Soundcloud more frequently than ever. I still pay for premium but I am wondering why I bother, since I only really use the basic functions of Spotify anymore. Looking forward to seeing what Apple music has to offer; if nothing else they know how to simplify a UI and keep it relatively bug-free.

Spaid5
Please make connect optional!!!!
Jperttula

This thread has started over year ago and Spotify staff has replied only once. So you don't want our money. I my self haven't had this problem until recently but it's really annoying. So annoying that I am thinking about cancellation of premium subscription and soon going to. Spotify has done some modification to system so one account won't play in several devices. So bye bye premium... It was great to use your services as long they worked fine. Wish best for you, buy my money goes elsewhere until this is fixed.

Windmeter

Dear spotify...

When will this be resolved? This is a huge issue and posts are clearly not being taken seriously. Please resolve asap. I can't use one of my 2 devices without the other one getting involved... It's badly thought out, not tested very well and a huge number of people have been screaming about it since last year. It's almost end of June and still no resolution. Where's the proactive Spotify when you need them?

Thanks....

jarrod_dixon

In 8 days, Apple Music gets streaming - it's something I'm going to try out, just to avoid Spotify Connect's queue syncing between my iPhone and desktop pc.

EarlPurple

Apple also apparently don't think a pound is the same as a dollar. So UK users are going to be charged £6.30 a month, I think, which is an equivalent exchange rate.

mlms13

I signed up for Premium last night at home, and when I showed up at work this morning, my hand-picked play queue had been completely replaced with the playlist I was listening to at home. Canceling premium seems to be the only off switch for this "feature," but if I have to choose between ads and a broken play queue, I'll gladly take the ads.

EarlPurple

Whilst that is an issue I don't understand why you make a "hand-picked play-queue" without putting it in a playlist and then downloading that playlist onto the device. That is the primary selling point of premium and the reason I signed up for it.

It does annoy me that, when I'm playing a playlist on one device and a different one on another, it moves one device to what was playing on the other, and thus loses my exact place in the playlist, but it doesn't lose the playlist itself.