Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
thai2000
I Think Spoptify staff cannot read ... WE WANT NO CONNECT
jhuesos

For me, this feature is really annoying. When I am at work I want to have a different playlist than when I am listening to my music in my phone.

eventheminions
Connect is useful in only a few, very specific circumstances (at a party for example). For normal use it's a HUGE PAIN and I'm completely baffled as to why Spotify won't implement a simple "off" switch for this feature.
jinnah_mushier

Yeah, +1 with everone.

I've been subscribed to Spotify since the day it was released in the Netherlands, but this really ruins it! 

I use my desktopcomputer to listen to music (mostly albums) at home and my telephone to other music (random songs) commuting to work or at the gym (mixalbums). Very annoying those two are connected now. Please revert the change or make it optional. It was perfect like it was.

I don't want to downgrade my subscription because a lousy button won't be programmed. 

jinnah_mushier

Agreed. Hope this will get fixed soon, otherwise I'll have to delete Spotify from my telephone. This totally ruins it.

jeremew

add the option. I listen at work, my wife listens on her phone, we keep stomping over each other when listening to music. please allow the connect option be be disconnected. It is nice sometimes, but more annoying

pestbarn

As of now, I regularly queue up a lot of tracks on my computer at work, sometimes up to 300-400 tracks. When I leave for lunch, I fire up Spotify on my Nexus 5, where I want to listen to a specific playlist. When I return to work, I see that my entire queue is cleared. Gone. Nothing left.

This is because I was still connected to our office wifi when I started Spotify on my mobile phone, and chose to listen to a playlist. Clearing my entire queue is, to put it mildly, unacceptable.

Temporary workaround:
Exit Spotify on desktop computer before starting it on mobile device. Not very optimal, but it works - at least for me (using a combination of Mac OS X client + Android client).

pestbarn

As I mentioned in this thread.

I regularly queue up a lot of tracks on my computer at work, sometimes up to 300-400 tracks. When I leave for lunch, I fire up Spotify on my Nexus 5, where I want to listen to a specific playlist. When I return to work, I see that my entire queue is cleared. Gone. Nothing left.

This is because I was still connected to our office wifi when I started Spotify on my mobile phone, and chose to listen to a playlist. Clearing my entire queue is, to put it mildly, unacceptable.

Temporary workaround:
Exit Spotify on desktop computer before starting it on mobile device. Not very optimal, but it works - at least for me (using a combination of Mac OS X client + Android client).

Greandog

This is an utterly annoying function that does nothing but irritate me.  Why would spotify not make it an option to simply turn this feature off?  There are so many premium users on here complaining about it!  Listen to your customers Spotify!!

donpa

"Not right now"!?

You wan't me to extend my subscription? Well, I hate to tell you but "not right now". I switched my cards since my last subscription of 12 months so right now it's just a waiting game. If Spotify refuses to sort this horrible ordeal out and/or someone sorts a way for me to transfer my playlists to Google Play then I'm gone.

Been with you since the very start and refusing to give me, the user, control of this feature is mental. I hate to leave because of a thing like this.

My subscription expries on 24th December. Want a xmas present from me? Well so do I.

Tick tock.