Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
robot14

The entire queue system in Spotify needs an overhaul. It sucks. What were you guys thinking?

I don't even use the queue feature at all. Instead, I use a normal playlist I called "Dumb Queue." At least Spotify can't break that playlist (yet) with Connect, but I still do lose my place in that playlist everytime I change playback devices.

japp76

Make it an opption that im abel to turn off! Annoing as hell!!!

SteveRinzen

I have been having issues with this too. I will queue a bunch of new albums to check out. If i leave the house and use spotify on my iphone the queue is gone when i return home. It's happened so many times - super frustrating. I should have learnt by now to just make the list a playlist. The Play queue is practically useless - you can't even play it from the iphone - so why wipe it on the desktop?

dwisdom

Make Spotify Connect optional or you will likely lose me as a Premium customer as this is ruining my user experience. 

fairytrash

Yeah, a little late here but chiming in to add that I also would love a way to turn this feature off. I usually have ~100 tracks queued on my laptop Spotify app, mostly consisting of full albums I want to listen to while I'm hanging out at home. I use Spotify on my phone at work and when I work out, and will listen to a variety of playlists and artists on shuffle. I would really like it if my 100 track desktop queue didn't get replaced with whatever I was last listening to on my phone, ESPECIALLY if I've closed out of the Spotify mobile app way before I even make it to where my laptop is. This just makes no sense at all to me.

I just purchased the 99 cent premium trial, mainly so I could have more freedom over what I listen to on the mobile app. So hopefully there's a solution to this before it's over, because I don't really want to pay $10 a month and have to constantly deal with this whenever I switch devices. 

Nbassett007

Just left beats music for spotify but hate the fact that I can't listen to music from the iPad while my fiancé is in the other room listening too. I don't want to always keep my device on offline mode when we're both home. This would definitely be an awesome option

I can see the logic behind this, but please pet me disable it!
wodaxx

Definitely not continuing my premium after the trial period... Who comes up with such an idea, seriously?! If I want to use it, then I just enable it...

jreische

Agree with other comments posted here. I want to listen to different playlists on phone and laptop. 

Also, if I run Spotify on my laptop it automatically activates the phone app and uses up battery power. I've gotten halfway through a workday only to discover that my phone was dead. My job includes emergency response duties, so that's not OK. I'll delete the app from my phone if I have to, but it seems silly when there's such a simple fix/improvement. An on/off option is all that's needed to fix this feature.

Thanks!

manahei

Idiotic software design...

Why am I paying to disrupt my household?

Recently was away on business and my wife called to say that at 11 pm the stereo on my office PC started blasting music.

Get with it Spotify...bad enough you made the scrollbars skinny, but this is ridiculous.