Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
rthibault

Agreed, this is horribly annoying.  Please give an option to turn it off.

gaberino

I definitely support this. Where it bugs me:

I listen to certain kinds of music while I'm working at the computer, and other kinds of music on my phone which I use for working out and running. It's annoying to have a nice queue going for work, then come back after a lunch run or workout and have it playing my workout music.

This is one of those things that I'm sure sounded like a good idea internally, but that makes a lot of assumptions about what the user wants to experience. These kinds of things should be tested more thoroughly before making them a default with no choice to disable.

AlannaCoca

I listen on my laptop as I work all day. My daughter takes my ipod to school to listen during recess. It used to just pause mine when she started hers. Now it changes what I'm listening to, to what she's listening to. Here are my current options:

Listen along to what she's listening to: Sometimes this works, but she likes to practice dance routines, so she'll restart the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Pause: No, that's not really an option, it pauses her music too.

Volume down: No, same as above, ruins her experience.

Mute my laptop: Sure, but then I can't switch to Pandora,  which is what I'd normally do.

Quit Spotify altogether: Yup. That's what I end up doing. Then I keep listening to Pandora, so you're losing me, sometimes the rest of the day.

Sometimes things aren't broken when you try to fix them. Please make this an option. Please.

thai2000
Spotify is again not listening to the customer.
LeandroDavid

My impression is that they just want to block us from listening different music in two devices at the same time. Some stupid business decision maybe ?

Today I was listening musinc on my smartphone at work when the music just started changing at random. It took my time to figure out that my girlfriend was trying to listen some music in my tablet at home and it actually started controling the music at my phone.

I had to completely go offline to be able to keep listening.

My girlfriend is not techy so she had no idea on what was happening.

It is absurd that connect is not optional since the beginning.

artdecadece

I don't care about listening to two devices at once, I just hate that when I'm listening on my laptop, I'll get notifcations all over my mobile. It's on the home screen and in the notifcations bar. I've set my app to be in offline mode now, but that's a ridiculous fix.

I don't care about the connection itself happening, I just don't want to be 'alerted' to it on my phone and my laptop every time something happens. I'm on android, which seems to make matters worse with this issue. Why is it so difficult to make it possible to disable connect? Just spotify not caring about any of their customers opinions, imo.

Vd4

A task killer app will shutdown spotify in the background on Android devices. This is the only way I've found to stop spotify connect from continually running Spotify on my phone, and thus save my battery life.

I don't know why Spotify has assumed that if I am listening on my work computer and have my phone in my pocket, I should want to listen on my phone as well and use it as a remote to control my desktop computer ... all without asking me. The continuous syncing of mass amounts of data between the phone and computer is what's killing the battery life.

lionverse

This needs to be  TOP PRIORITY! My acct just started doing this AND I CAN'T TURN IT OFF?!?!!

Hate it! Hate it! Hate it!!!

glowin

Please implement an option to disable spotify connect.

I have three IOS devices in my house, and everytime I change the device I have to answer questions, handle popups... until I can hear the music on the device in front of me.

I never ever had a single situation where spofity connect made any sense to me!!!!

I never want to play the music on my iphone when I switch on the ipad in my living room.

For some people it may be usefull, but to many (or most) other it is complete rubbish.

Peltsu69

I have been a Spotify user since very beginning and I haven't had previously any complains, but this 'feature' really pisses me off!

Right now I'm sitting on our PC and listening Spotfy, same time my wife is asking me 'why this Spotify keeps popping up on my phone?' and she hadn't started it. And it has done it now several times within 15 minutes.

So, Spotify team, don't ruin your good software with a 'feature' which obviously hasn't been asked for!