Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] [Kids] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

When playing music through Spotify Kids, it is not possible to cast the music to a Google Chromecast audio device. This has lead to many conversations revolving around “but why can’t I put my dance party on the stereo”, and so we have to go back to the main Spotify app to get said dance party going and avert the tears 😀And with the kids stuck at home on account of school closures and lockdowns, there are a lot of dance parties happening. And they much prefer the app geared towards them than the regular app. Because the Spotify Connect feature is already implemented in the main Spotify app, it should be implemented also in the Spotify Kids app to have the same connectivity options.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
michanbg

Absolutely supported! We also miss SpotifyConnect at SpotifyKids. There are some SpotifyConnect ready speakers at our home and in the childrens rooms but they can not be used whis is really annoying and sad for our kids. 

Please bring Connect as soon as possible!

Piramidon

I'd like to second this, including the deal-breaker part.

To me, another aspect is even more important than casting: at the moment, the kids can't ask the Google Assistant in the smart speaker to play their personal playlists. They can only play my playlists, which is uncomfortable enough; even worse, everything they play ends up in my history and favorites, and you can guess what my weekly mix looks like after that.

ETNsilverstar

I'm adding a +2 for my fiance and I. I'm tired of my release radar being half full of lullabies and having to give away access to my account for an hour at bedtime. 

stepas2000

This is absolutely one of the more important, and I believe requested, features that Spotify currently fails to support. This post has only 92 votes at the time of my comment, but if you look at other similar requests asking essentially the same thing, there are thousands of votes for this type of functionality. Spotify absolutely needs to allow users who pay for multiple accounts, to assign specific accounts to specific streaming devices.  I'm on the verge of canceling my family plan if this is not addressed.

fealmeida

On Spotify Kids: 

• Pros: nice look and feel a and could be a great solution to stop messing with my current spotify account, suggesting kids songs everywhere.
  • Cons: so so poorly executed. Doesn't offer an ability to create playlists, to play across different devices (beyond bluetooth, like Chromecast or assistant devices). If well executed, this app could be a game changer to Spotify. Too bad for them and for us
Cwinters

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Note that Google has abandoned all their Google music families, Spotify needs to pick up the pieces and do it right. I switched, made accounts for my family, only to learn it's almost worse than youtube music (if possible) for families with young kids who play kids music all day on their smart speakers. Who is taking my money? Hopefully it's Spotify...

Fayeeli

I really don’t understand why this hasn’t been sorted out yet. It’s annoying paying to have the kids account but barely be able to use it. Please change this soon! 

evolucian1

Spotify already have the coding, it's in the main app so it shouldn't be difficult, they should have done it to start with.

jesse_carshovel

100% agree. Please fix this. Spotify Kids needs to be able to play on Google Home speakers.

I have 5yo and 7yo girls who need their music, media alarms, etc without stealing the account back and forth. I can't help but personally complain that my 2020 Wrapped album is all kids songs, and my Discover Weekly never seems made for me. Ugh.

Drexel

+1 for this idea. I would appreciate it also on Android. 🙂 Otherwise good work on the kids app!