Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] [Kids] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

When playing music through Spotify Kids, it is not possible to cast the music to a Google Chromecast audio device. This has lead to many conversations revolving around “but why can’t I put my dance party on the stereo”, and so we have to go back to the main Spotify app to get said dance party going and avert the tears 😀And with the kids stuck at home on account of school closures and lockdowns, there are a lot of dance parties happening. And they much prefer the app geared towards them than the regular app. Because the Spotify Connect feature is already implemented in the main Spotify app, it should be implemented also in the Spotify Kids app to have the same connectivity options.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
FranckDeschampFR

To be honest, I cannot imagine why this is not a standard feature.

I am fed up to have my playlist history of Spotify spoiled with kids songs.

By the way, this breaks the whole concept of music recommandation as I don't want to be recommanded "The wheels on the bus" even if my doughter is listining it 342 times a day !

Thanks to add this connect feature as quickly as possible !

yelbec

This is a great idea! I'd love to see Android Auto integration as well.

jacobmovingfwd

So now that this idea was sent to the internal teams over a year ago, any update? Implementing Chromecast in Kids should be a pretty simple matter, since you have it implemented in the main app. And kid permissions are handled because the app is technically signed in with my adult account. this limitation is bananas.

I'm trying to migrate from Tidal, but the inability to cast kids music is severely limiting. As best I can tell, the only workaround is to great a new main account on my Family plan for the kid, then curate/block out the not-age-appropriate stuff.

alisong

I just went through the trouble of setting of a spotify kids account just to find out I can't use it on my kids alexa nor using Android Auto....the only two things we use for listening to music. I'm extremely disappointed that this was brought up 2 years ago with no change and I lost a family profile number for this....

Ragin08

Hi Spotify Team,

Was there any refinement done on this Feature request so far? Do the Teams understand already the required changes and how to integrate it safely? I could give some UI feedback on a User based Rollout If that is of any help.

Looking forward to this feature 

wilthethril11

My entire reason for going to Spotify Premium Family from Duo was due to kids music clogging up my personal recommendations. After upgrading to access the Kids app, I realize that I can't cast to any Google speakers in my house with the Kids app, the way we do with the standard app on iOS. I can AirPlay, which is useless without Sonos or Apple speakers. I know part of this is Apple's problem, but I would really like to see the same features on the Kids app that are present on the standard one.

RichardRouzeau

It's 2023. I guess my only choice is to cancel my new Premium Family subscription?

Wazzzo

Just picking up on this again. It's been 7 months since the update and kids still can't access their spotify on connected speakers which means their selections within a family environment are still running through the adults account and as a result affecting their Spotify recommendations. It also means that they can technically access any song, explicit or not.

Any more news here?

ducker2

Hi Spotify Team

can you please come up with some honest answers on timelines? When are you going to implement this requirement? It's not a nice to have functionality, but a must have key requirement for families with younger kids. We do have a bunch of Chromecast devices at home and I do need a way to have individual content appropriate for the current user on the smart speakers. The moment Spotify Kids is enabled for a user account this becomes unusable with Chromecast. 

MGLaRocca

Still love this idea. I'm currently at work and my kiddo asked google to play the Cars sound track on google home so i got booted 🤣!