Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] [Kids] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

When playing music through Spotify Kids, it is not possible to cast the music to a Google Chromecast audio device. This has lead to many conversations revolving around “but why can’t I put my dance party on the stereo”, and so we have to go back to the main Spotify app to get said dance party going and avert the tears 😀And with the kids stuck at home on account of school closures and lockdowns, there are a lot of dance parties happening. And they much prefer the app geared towards them than the regular app. Because the Spotify Connect feature is already implemented in the main Spotify app, it should be implemented also in the Spotify Kids app to have the same connectivity options.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
mazzthepianoman

Kindly know that this request is for iOS and there is the Android version of the idea that could use your votes too if you wish cross-device support of this feature.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Connect-Add-Connect-support-to-Spotify-Kids-ap...

I for one really want Google Family Link to work with a specific Spotify Kids account.

choonbo

How frustrating is it when your kids cut off your stream as they try to play songs on their Nest minis in their rooms? This defeats the purpose of paying for a Family account. Many families do not let their children have tablets (and hence the Spotify kids app) in their bedrooms (as it could interrupt with their sleep) but allow them to have a Google Nest mini or GA-enabled clock speaker. But as our kids' music choices are streaming through MY account it not only cuts off my stream while I'm in the shower, it is totally messing with my algorithm! I'm not getting what I thought I'd be getting with a Family account. Pls address this ASAP, Spotify or I will have to cancel my Family account. 

Alex__C

Yes! It is an essential change. If it's not done soon for us it will be a deal breaker and i will change for another streaming app

SteveBirch

Added my vote though I'm not an IOS user. I'm on Android and like many others suffer from:

1. Child cannot access their own music on Google Home devices.
  2. Child can access my account, playlists and any music. Which often causes panicked shouts of "next track" when something inappropriate comes on.
  3. Causes me to lose my audio (e.g. at work or in the car) because the child at home wants to have a little dance to Happy. I also can't listen to music in the evening because the child wants "the sleepy music". Every single night. So I can't have music in my only downtime of the day.
  4. Makes my auto playlists useless because they're full of music I don't like and random kids stories.

Please sort this out. Lots of people seem to suffering with the issue. I honestly feel that I don't get anything like the value I could have from our family subscription because my account is effectively hijacked. I really feel like the product is being significantly devalued.  Casting to Google speakers isn't new any more, so I don't see this as cutting edge.

levsa

If this is too difficult to add, another option would be to allow kids < 13 years to create a regular account. Parents would do this anyway with a google account for kids (supervised by a parent), and then it could be used to connect to Google Home with children's voices. 

PierreA

Need this to switch from Deezer to Spotify !

EbearsMum

What is the latest update on this? 

I'm debating if it is worth taking out a family subscription or not. 

MBaldwin

Still waiting on this! We really would love to have this feature for Spotify kids, especially as my son is getting older and wants to listen to more music!

clacomi

I've been a Premium Family subscriber for 6 hours and I've switched to Apple Music already. Oh yes my teen will  complain! but I just can't get what I need from a Spotify Family subscription, which is up to 6 family members incl. children must be able to stream independently.

Good luck everybody!

jesse_carshovel

Spotify may we have an update please? Where is this on the priority list?

Is this a business problem between Spotify and Google? Or a tech problem you need more time? First world problem: 2021 Wrapped lists are coming out and mine will be full of little girls dancing in their room tracks again! More importantly, what's the point of a Family subscription if my kids can't listen to their music on Google home? I don't want them using their iPads for more screen time while listening to Spotify.

I'll cancel and go over to Apple soon if this isn't going to be fixed soon. Please may we have an update so at least I know if I should wait or not?

Thank you!