Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments

I would love an "off" switch for connect. RIght now i'm just contemplating letting my subscription expire as a solution to escape this useless, nondiscretionary feature. 

Connect is very annoying, and I have no particular use for it. I would love an option to disable it. It is disruptive to the point where I am considering switching platforms. 

Jontaylor87
That's what I did!! I've been complaining about this feature for over a
year. I let my premium(paid subscription expire now I'm happy with iHeart
radio. Spotty obviously doesn't care about our satisfaction. Pretty sad but
they're not the only music app so I'm happy now.
iamben

Please, for the love of god give me some way to disable this. I spent an hour queuing songs on my laptop yesterday, I played a couple of songs on my phone this morning and I've lost my entire queue. Really, really frustrating. Just give me the option not to sync devices! Jeez!

EarlPurple

queueing schmuing, why didn't you make a playlist?

The issue is that I do make a playlist and can't bookmark where I am on it such that I can return to that bookmark.

So when I listen to NMTop100 at breakfast and want to listen to it the next day I want to start from where I left off last time.

Simple thing would be a new feature allowing us to create bookmarks and reset them.

123jameslee

Here's the suggestion for you, Try Musconv (www.musconv.com). One of the best app to transfer your playlist from one music service to another. Just export from your Spotify account and Import to any of your music service by choosing the destination.

EarlPurple

I'd rather use playlist-converter.net if I'm going to do anything like that. I don't like being asked to install software on my computer if it can all be done on a web browser.

iamben

I don't want to make a playlist and I don't want to use another piece of software. If I'm paying for a hotel room and the thermostat is stuck on, the windows are sealed shut and the temperature is through the roof - saying "why don't you fill the bath with cold water and sleep on the bathroom floor," or "the AirBnB across the road has a cool bedroom - why don't you check in there as well" doesn't really cut it. I just want the hotel to fix the thermostat and turn up the aircon. We shouldn't have to hack around when stuff is just 'a bit broken'.

Rybread9000

How is this still marked "not right now"? It has been three years that this has been sitting here. This alone is making me think of dropping spotify, it is so freaking annoying!

Rybread9000

How is this still "Not Right Now", it has been over 3 years and 34 pages of people commenting about this and still nothing? What have they been working on cause there has been almost no new functionality in the app in the past couple years. All they have done is cosmetic tweaks, while they are pretty nice, how about focusing some of that effort on fixing this fundamentally hated feature so people will actually enjoy their experiences using this service. The only reason I still use Spotify is because there hasn't been a great replacement yet, but now Deezer is starting to get pretty good and even Apple Music is pretty good if you have apple devices. So if nothing is done about this soon, I'm probably going to move to Deezer. From what I hear Deezer actually cares about their customers and listens to their wants and needs, and has actually been adding requested features and fixing reported bugs and issues over the past year, unlike spotify.