Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
klebel

I dumped Spotify and moved to Amazon Music because of this "feature".  I stay subscribed to this thread though because I find it amusing to see just how many people it truly pisses off.  Hilarious that they keep ignoring it.  Just dump them.  Please of tools now to migrate your playlists.

Yep. I dropped and have been on Apple Music for three years now. Because of this feature.
wgwwgw

Now that Spotify wants an IPO, it's this dismissal of customer concerns that gives me pause to invest in it. I get that Spotify doesn't want you to listen on two streams at once on two different devices, but there are ways to solve that problem without being autocratic.

Oettinger

Please add this feature, it is so annoying.

I want to hear music on a desktop pc and a audiobook at lunch time on my smartphone. When i am back i see my audiobook on the desktop, search my music again and automatically lose the progress of my audiobook on the smartphone.

Regards

drumma1316

Dear Spotify,

I was just unnecessarily embarrassed at work when I hit play on my Spotify app on my laptop where I had headphones plugged in and explicit rap suddenly blared from my phone out into the open office.

Please figure out a way for us to be able to disable the automatic connection. I don't even understand how my desktop app decided to play through my phone. It has never done that before. 

Looks from other comments like I'm not the only one this has happened to. So I know you must have a huge backlog and other things prioritized but please think of your users and provide a way for us to disable this on certain devices. It's really not OK to have this happening in a work place. I should not have to worry when I have my headphones plugged into my laptop and I play music from there that it might suddenly come out of my phone instead.

amarson

This is such an annoying feature. I listen to study music on my computer but like different music when at the gym/driving. It's really annnoying to have to manually choose playlists every time I drive/study/gym/do anything. Please make sync and spotify connect optional features, it would greatly improve many people's experience. I'm unsubscribing from Spotify solely for these reasons.

amarson

I’m going back to Google or Apples music services before my free trial is even done because of this. Please allow us to disable the sync/connect features!

IT's been THREE years and this "feature" is still marked as NOT RIGHT NOW.

It isn't really a feature. It's more of a "turn off that annoying thing that never should have been there."

Many, many users have complained. Spotify doesn't listen. Can you please at least give some transparency as to WHY it is NOT RIGHT NOW. Is it a lot of work technically? Are you guys busy working on sexier stuff?

What are we actually getting for our money here?

Can we at least get a response?

Hey anyone who is following this, Tweet at SpotifyCares. https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

marc71

Hi Spotify Team,

This kind of feature is very annoying and the worst part is that I CAN'T DISABLE IT!!! 
You know, this kind of development seems very poor conceived! 
Please, I ask that you come up with an update that allows me to use the app ONLY on the devices I want and not being connecting randomly (and even miles away) to any device! 

Thanks / Obrigado / Gracias