Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
_wojtek

It was marked as "not right now" almost 2 years ago. Maybe now would be a good time to implement option to turn off this unwanted feature? When I on my phone I don't have any desire to listen what I listend on my computer and vice versa. Those are separate devices with separate music I want to listen (on computer more discovery or background music for work, on mobile something energetic or podcaset while biking).

The worst thing is the darn pop-up that shows up every time I skip the song - why the heck would I want to have darn notification on my mobile that I skipped the song on my computer, while looking at my computer, and seeing it... this calles for a huge #facepalm (with a chair…)

(SOT: I kinda miss days of PC where you started an app and it was running, could generate notifications et al, and then you could close it and it stayed closed; nowadays with android it's a no-go... the apps can run in the background and even killking them doesn't help, then can do whatever they want, argh!)

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

axelhjq

I have stopped using Spotify and am now using another service since this would still bother me a year after voting for this feature. I do miss the ability to listen to specific acts (Rammstein) which are not available on  YouTube Music, unfortunately. Please fix this error!

Kerr59

Very annoying. Please fix this. We have more than enough distractions in our lives with all the great technology. But the constant notifications are the **bleep** himself. I know spotify is running. I am listening to it. I know I can control it with multiple devices. I have no need for the constant notification.

Please stop the madness.

hobbitnextdoor

I live in an apartment complex and people keep connecting their devices to my Spotify and using it, which is super annoying and I would love it to stop. Please make this an option that can be turned off.

damascus

WHY not now?????????????????????????

echosa

Please change this behavior, or at least make it optional. I listen to one playlist on my work computer and another on my gaming computer. It's quite irritating when I pause my work playlist on my work computer, listen to my gaming playlist on my gaming computer that night, then, the next day, press play expecting it to resume the work playlist where I left off, but instead it resumes the gaming playlist from my other computer. Whatever I have loaded and paused on one computer should always be what plays when I resume.

FitzChivalry

Seems like fixing this "feature" is beyond the Spotify Dev team since people have been complaining for years with no resolution. Just a toggle that lets one sync or not. How freaking hard can it be? You can even bury it in the settings so only people who get really **bleep** off will find it. I want my phone and PC to be 100% disconnected. The play/pause button on my PC works just fine. I don't need a remote control for it. 

This changes the playlist I have been working through on my phone in my car, which I want to resume in my car, without having to go to my recents to find.

I am mad AND dissapointed. Shame on you for not fixing this. 

numberg

This has became a major issue for me. App is draining battery on my note 4 too much to handle now, forcing me to basically charge the phone two times a day. I am using premium spotify most of the day with either desktop or phone.

Without touching my phone just because i am using a service through another device my phone battery is dying. This is unacceptable. And considering this is a paid service that is causing more trouble than its worth is unbearable. Whoever thinks this is a good idea needs to be sent for mental checkup.

Seriously considering not to keep subscription.

So I have to deal with my phone playing or opening spotify when I don't want it too? That's fabulous. And this is why I won't resub now. I was thinking about it, but now. NAH. Sorry. Not if you're gonna ignore what your actual customers want.