[Connect] Make Spotify Connect a Choice

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. :)

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka :)

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
hobbitnextdoor

I live in an apartment complex and people keep connecting their devices to my Spotify and using it, which is super annoying and I would love it to stop. Please make this an option that can be turned off.

damascus

WHY not now?????????????????????????

numberg

This has became a major issue for me. App is draining battery on my note 4 too much to handle now, forcing me to basically charge the phone two times a day. I am using premium spotify most of the day with either desktop or phone.

Without touching my phone just because i am using a service through another device my phone battery is dying. This is unacceptable. And considering this is a paid service that is causing more trouble than its worth is unbearable. Whoever thinks this is a good idea needs to be sent for mental checkup.

Seriously considering not to keep subscription.

So I have to deal with my phone playing or opening spotify when I don't want it too? That's fabulous. And this is why I won't resub now. I was thinking about it, but now. NAH. Sorry. Not if you're gonna ignore what your actual customers want. 

Andacious

Spotify Connect is extremely annoying. I frequently switch devices and have accidentially started playing music on one of our Amazon Echos while at work, freaking out my family from time to time. I have literally no use for this feature. On top of it, it seems to be just another mandatory service that is slowing my phone down. I can't seem to figure out what the intended use-case is for this functionality. Are there products out there that play Spotify but dont take any user input? Maybe its great for parties or something, who knows. Please make this functionality optional.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

ajcutshall

My girlfriend might murder me if Spotify Connect automatically plays again on my everywhere group at home while I'm out and about, not at home. Please for the love of everyone's sanity, make Spotify Connect only work within a single broadcast domain. Losing my god **bleep** mind over here.

instantrice

I've been requesting this for years. It's not hard to do in the slightest, even if you want to prevent people from sharing accounts in violation of the EULA. Read, don't write.

caslwilson

Please allow us to disable this "feature." Most annoyingly, it kills the battery in my phone, and constantly pops up when I do not want it to. If i wanted to play on that device, I would do so. I don't need the prompt, especially when it is deterimental to battery life.

lumbrjack

Spotify connect is very annoying! My playlist on my phone is different from my notebook. So, when I play in my phone the playlist from my notebook change. Please make a option to disable this thing.