Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
atomheart411

This  sort of similar to my complaint. Every morning I go to my studio, start up the desktop app on my Windows 10x64 pro computer and start a playlist. Later, in a different part of the house I pick up my iPad and want to see what is playing. The ios app isn't updated. It just shows the last tune it remembers playing or being connected to  the day before. It will show the little "devices available" notice at the bottom. So naturally I go to the connect page to re set the connection to my desktop at which point it stops playing the playlist I set up there and changes the playlist on the desktop to whatever the iPad least remembers. Basically makes connect useless at least at first because it breaks the stream, I can't see what was last playing on the desktop. If it's a radio stream I may end up listening to a bunch of tunes I already heard. Or be sitting there scrolling through trying to find out what the last tune was. The iPad app should update to what is currently playing on the desktop and not the other way around. If I want to change what's playing on the desktop let me choose to do so.

Andacious

Spotify Connect is extremely annoying. I frequently switch devices and have accidentially started playing music on one of our Amazon Echos while at work, freaking out my family from time to time. I have literally no use for this feature. On top of it, it seems to be just another mandatory service that is slowing my phone down. I can't seem to figure out what the intended use-case is for this functionality. Are there products out there that play Spotify but dont take any user input? Maybe its great for parties or something, who knows. Please make this functionality optional.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

ajcutshall

My girlfriend might murder me if Spotify Connect automatically plays again on my everywhere group at home while I'm out and about, not at home. Please for the love of everyone's sanity, make Spotify Connect only work within a single broadcast domain. Losing my god **bleep** mind over here.

instantrice

I've been requesting this for years. It's not hard to do in the slightest, even if you want to prevent people from sharing accounts in violation of the EULA. Read, don't write.

caslwilson

Please allow us to disable this "feature." Most annoyingly, it kills the battery in my phone, and constantly pops up when I do not want it to. If i wanted to play on that device, I would do so. I don't need the prompt, especially when it is deterimental to battery life.

lumbrjack

Spotify connect is very annoying! My playlist on my phone is different from my notebook. So, when I play in my phone the playlist from my notebook change. Please make a option to disable this thing.

marc71

What most impressed me about this "device connection issue" is the fact SO MANY users had complained about and we CAN'T hear no answer from Spotify! 

Please, Spotify, do us all a favor, just tell us that you WILL NOT do anything or DO SOMETHING about it! 

iamdonovan

I created an account for the forum just to add my voice to the "I can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed in over five years, and there are no plans to fix it, either." I had to remove Spotify from my phone to keep the app from automatically launching whenever my daughter starts listening on a different device, and it's making me re-consider paying money for a service that I can't use.

twardSpotify

This is bs. Don't want the feature to begin with and to top it off now my Spotify Android app is randomly playing on other devices. Spotify why won't you let us turn it off?!?!?!