Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments

This thing randomly playing though whatever device i left connected it really annoying, if i go to my work pc and hit play, it is because i expect it to start playing through my work PC, please give us the option of turning this really annoying "feature" off

I have been a member for 4 years and literrally have come on here for the first time just to say how bad and annoying this is, give us the option of turning it off

Kerr59
This is now beyond annoying. Spotify is only one of many options. It is time to start looking. If I am listening on my phone, Spotify turns on my tablet as well, even when the tablet app is set to offline. The app is also perpetually downloading whenever I am connected to WiFi. I don't have that many saved songs. What the **bleep** is it downloading?
zolvaring

This has completely ruined Spotify for me.

Just play music, go **bleep** yourselves.

twode

When I play spotify from work, I scare my wife since the device automaticly plays from my livingroom. Shes pregnant, so i dont want the birth to start early because of the loud sudden noises from the livingroom scaring the water out of her. Is there a fix for this? 

clewman

Please add an option to turn this feature off, I dont like it at all...

So, how many is enough votes for Spotify to actually listen to its customers? So glad I am not paying them to be treated this poorly.

wonkothesane

Thousands of votes over many instances of this same post in the community, something that thousands of people actually want (and have for years), and yet "no plans for this right now?"

Disappointing.

wwolfyTC

Hope it will be implemented soon, Spotify Connect is really annoying.

wind197

Please give us the option to disable Connect if you don't have any plans to fix it.