Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
PolleDK

Really need this feature!

While connect is a nifty feature, I have yet to have any need for it. And as such, it just consumes battery life on my mobile for no reason at all.

I find it intrusive and annoying, please implement the option to turn it on/off!

marc71

Hi, all of you which are suffering because of this awful "feature".

Well, I contact Spotify Cares (look attachments) and they just told me "we have NO IDEA when we will 'fix' this".

So, for all of you that are very **bleep** with this device connection thing, seat and relax, because they have no clue when they will fix this!

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 11.58.24.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-25 at 11.58.35.png

Hey Spotify!!

Can you please show you care and implement this feature after 5 years of waiting!!!

Or are your devs truely as useless as they seem?

colanutnm

With the new changes coming for additional connected devices (smart speaker and tvs) and allowing for a "Favorite" device, please consider allowing to exclude a device. Podcasts will really suffer if they are interrupted half way through- if for some strange reason you decide to listen to music on a different device when company comes over (for example). With out being able to exclude devices, you will not be able to pick up where you left off.

It is bad enough when my phone hijacks my work computer's playlist.

loggyboy

Hating this more and more every day. Along with the andoid storage change I WILL be canceling if this doesnt get sorted soon. LISTEN TO US PLEASE.

Hi there.

This is still happening. Please FIX and update your customers!

Spotify has to have the absolute worst customer service I've found. 

Your devs can implement this annoying feature easy enough, why can't they give us the option to disable it??

iamben

I've moaned about this before, but it's worse than ever right now.

Previously I'd make sure that whenever I use spotify on my Android device (the gym), I'd force close the app. That way the playlist on my work computer never made it to my phone. This is a gross, totally hacky fix, but so be it.

Right now this doesn't seem to work anymore. I might queue up 60 songs on my work computer, I'm getting to the gym - where I want to play totally different music (working out is VERY different to working - Spotify's own playlists even reflect this, right?!) - and after the first song on my chosen album it starts playing my work playlist. So I'm manually having to go remove 60 songs from the playlist you've now put on my phone.

I don't understand how this is such an issue. Seriously. Just put some sort of a "sync playlist across devices" switch - the people that want this can have it, the ones that have different music choice for different devices, don't have to. I love Spotify, but the fact we've been moaning about this for years is a complete joke. For the love of God, sort it out.

ericamklein

Please, PLEASE do this. Enough of us have been complaining about this for long enough that I think this change ought to make it onto the devs to-do list...

Hi Spotify Support,

I hope you are having a fantastic day sitting back with your feet up ignoring your customers.

This issue is still happening. I would refer to your team as a bunch of tools but at least tools are useful.

Kind regards,

Salty Customer

Hi Team,

This issue has still not been fixed.

Please advise when you will fix this bug in connect.

Thanks