Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Emeritus

if this problem don't get fixed it will be the end of spotify for me as I cannot live with this issue.  When listening from other audio source in the car (audiobook or else) as soon as I up the volume spotify starts the last Listened to song.  i cannot find a solution other than deleting this app. Going offline/online Mode every time ain't a solution. We need a on/off switch...Please fix 

Misio
This has been reported ~5 or 6 years ago. I would just give up if I were
you.
chronoz777

Jesus **bleep**ing christ, how hard is it to add a toggle option to disable this godforsaken "feature"... Is your software so poorly implemented that you cannot possibly do this?? It's been over 5 years for **bleep**s sake...

ortolan

This is why nothing ever gets fixed at Spotify: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GK1NDTWbkY

Can some from spotify please update! This is driving me crazy

I have contacted support a few times and always a similar response.

"Hi there,
Thanks for checking in. We'd like to extend all apologies as there haven't been any updates on this matter yet. Rest assured that this concern has already been forwarded to our developers.
Alternatively, if you go to Spotify settings, you should find the option "Show local devices only". This would allow only the devices within reach to appear on Connect. Additionally, since you're on Premium, you may also want to utilize your Offline Listening option. This way, you would only get to listen to a particular device despite not being connected to the internet. 
In the meantime, we recommend that you keep an eye on the Community page for any updates. We'll also be sure to pass word if we've got anything to share as far as any improvements are involved. We thank you for all your patience and understanding on this matter."

I particularly like the suggestion of keeping an eye on the community page even though there has been no progress made in 6 years.

If any one else feels like spamming them until they fix it, please forward this community page to support@spotify.com 

loggyboy

CompSaysNO.gif

Misio
Get used to it. Spotify folks is so busy with SCRUM and agile development
that they don't even have time to add single switch to an application.
Moix

It's kinda ridiculous that Spotify keeps spamming my notifcations on Android even when the app is turned off!

Make Connect optional for god's sake.

Moghul

5 years in and 41 pages of comments, and you won't implement this? Are you that busy implementing the next graphical redesign?

Spotify Connect is probably the worst anti-feature I've encountered. What kind of scenario did Spotify envision for playing sound out loud on my phone while I'm sitting at my computer?