Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
riffing

I don't feel there is a technical reason why this wouldn't be feasible so I've concluded it's a business decision NOT to be able to turn it off.  Just a guess, but it's possible they're using it to collect user data.  I don't do well reading legal things like Terms of Conditions so it may be in there.

I no longer expect them to make this option available so I just don't use Spotify on my desktops - just my phone.  I would drop Spotify all together, but I'm in a cover band and Spotify has the song selection I need to create playlists of songs we're covering.  I also have Amaz0n Prime Music but I don't want to buy every song that I need to learn.  I'm open to other suggestions.

ortolan

I'd suggest not being in a cover band.

riffing

@ortolan, I tried the original band thing, then I realized it's nice to play in front of a crowd and make some money. 😉

FUC_KYOUCUNTS

Years and nothing. I am sad and disappointed that Spotify remains downright unusable because this.

_wojtek

Spotify lite FTW - it doesn't connect at all and deosn't spam me with stupid notifications - highly recommended!

beermatt

Possible workarounds:
 - Set all your devices to offline when not using them

- Log out all your devices when not using them

- Stop paying Spotify and switch to Amazon or Google music services (or others), until/unless Spotify pull their finger out and fix this.

Misio
Yeah, I already subscribed to Apple Music, enough is enough.

Does anyone have a recommendation on an alternative? Apple, Amazon, Google, Tidal?

Misio
I've been trying Apple for a month or so now and the good thing is
(obviously) lack of such atrocity as Spotify Connect. Also I was able to
move my favorites library virtually intact (with the exception of perhaps 1
or 2 songs out of 1500). AM claims to have 5 M songs as opposed to 3.5 M of
Spotify, although given their diversity YMMV.
The downside however is the stability of iTunes, which for whatever reason
doesn't load the content of certain tabs for no reason, until it's
restarted. I guess it just fits recent philosophy of Apple to make products
as crappy as it gets. The other downside are the recommendations. There is
no (or at least I haven't found one) that would recommend individual songs,
as opposed to entire artists albums. So far I find AM recommendations
pretty pathetic and if it doesn't change I will probably ditch it.
Misio

Today I cancelled Spotify Premium subscription and let them know that I'm not going to re-subscribe until they fix it.