Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
SCook62

Please either get rid of Spotify Connect or allow users to disable it. Clearly, from the complaints over 6 years, not everyone finds it a desirable feature.

melarish

People's entire play queues are getting randomly wiped due a buggy feature.

Spotify: oh yeah, "Good Idea", but no plans to fix this 6 year old bug right now

EarlPurple

I haven't seen this happen to me recently actually.

My desktop still uses the old version most of the time because the new one is broken in so many ways they never fixed.

I took advantage of the three month Premium offer to see if I want to switch from Apple Music to Spotify.  I use Linux on my desktop, so having an actual desktop client where I can manage music is a plus.  But this issue hit me right away, it is a terrible flaw to me to not be able to turn if off: I usually listen to totally different music on my phone and my desktop and having to restart each one each time is very tedious.☹️

breggles

Another fun anecdote why this should be configurable and off by default: I was at the office, had Spotify open on my desktop and on my phone, Connect had happened without me realising (i didn't really know much about it in the first place, other than that it had happened a couple of times before). I decided to listen to a pod-cast about s-e-x on my desktop, thinking nobody else would know what I was listening to, since I was using headphones. It turned out that the pod-cast started with loud orgasm noises from a lady... you can imagine the rest. Luckily, my colleagues all thought it was funny and mostly believed me when I explained that I had not been watching p-o-r-n at work. But others might not be so lucky. This feature is a real anti-pattern. Shoving it down unsuspecting users' throats is not cool.

breggles

(Lol, Spotify forum auto-redacts words like s-e-x and p-o-r-n 😄 )

pdelbeato

This Connect feature is very annoying for anyone, who is using Spotify on Work PC, Personal PC, car and smartphone. It is totally useless, and obliges to workaround even more annoying. How many +1 do you need to insert a simple/stupid/easy toggle to get rid of this dumb function? Please tell us how many, and the community will work to reach your damned number.

kjennerator

Hello, this "feature" causes A LOT of issues with my Tesla, and is the primary reason preventing me from switching to Spotify premium.  Please fix this problem ASAP!!!!

kortwotze

This made me login to this website, which I do not appreciate. I can't believe, how Spotify can ignore an issue for 6 YEARS!

This is the dumbest piece of a feature that I have ever seen. Maintaining a per-device playlist is nearly impossible. Listening to an audiobook/podcast (some new features, added way after 2014) on my commute to work and then switching to my work PC to listen to my work playlist **bleep**s everything. My work playlist is not in the correct position, the podcast/audiobook is **bleep** as well and I have to search for my book-position. 

Sound output, as described 6 years ago is still a mystery. Sometimes it just decides to switch the device. My girlfriend from home can control my music at work, when she is using our shared tablet with my account on it.

I can't even. I literally can't even.

Can.

We.

Disable.

This.

Piece.

Of.

Feature?

And if that's not enough, while writing this very comment, their "You want to take a survey and tell us how great we are" message pops up here. I can't believe it.

Get a grip Spotify. For real.