Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
EarlPurple

Now they have allowed you to "disconnect" to devices outside your network (make Spotify Connect a choice) , can we drive for this, because this was my main issue with Spotify Connect in the first place.

Cselvin

Connect was a bad idea from the start. Making it mandatory was an even worse idea. If I want to change unit I'll change unit by myself. This service does not add to my experience nor is it helpful. At least give your users the option to disable the damned thing. Creating an annoyance that can only be escaped by rooting the unit and manually disabling the service is simply poor programming and makes me wonder if the price I'm paying monthly is worth the aggravation. Have a nice day.

Muckraker

@Cselvin 

How is it a bad idea?  I love "Connect" and I use it every day at home to wirelessly connect to my AV receiver or Chromecast.  I suppose if you only listen to music on a PC or phone then you woudn't care about the connect features.  Removing the feature all together is idiotic - requesting more granular control seems more appropriate and what the basis of this thread is about. 

Just my two cents there or five!

Peace~

Cselvin
Oh I agree. Removing it is unnecessary. As you surmise, I use either phone
or laptop and thus have little to no use for the service. This makes it an
annoyance for me seeing as it is forced on me with popups, notifications
and increased memory usage. I'd be happy with simply being able to
deactivate it. My main issue is that, as a programmer myself, I know my
clients would probably crucify me if I introduced non-essential
functionality and didn't allow them to choose. Also, if rooting the device
and then stopping the service doesn't affect the program detrimentally (as
the support personel suggests), it means that this service is by definition
non-essential and making it voluntary should thus not be a problem. That's
why I called it bad (or perhaps more aptly "lazy") programming.

Let those that want it use it and let those that don't want it deactivate
it. My two cents as it were.

Have a nice evening.
Sinistertwin

I had a rooted device and couldn't figure out which service to disable. I had found people discussing it, and the one that was apparently the culprit was not present for me to disable in the version of the app I was using. I concluded that they combined it with another process to hide it from people like us.

Sinistertwin

This

Jcowin35

Still an issue. I listen at work with it and at some point my music will stop. When I goto hit play the music is playing on someone elses device and theyve changed the playlist to something else (currently gangster rap ew). I thought at first it was a privacy issue and changed my password but it still goes on. Also limited it local devices only but still an issue. I just want to listen on my lg g3.

Cselvin

Well yes. Why on earth would I want to listen to what others are playing? If I'm curious about other people's music I'll ask them.

jim_strickland

This feature sucks and is very problematic.  Please make it a choice.

sengenbe

NEW PROBLEM: Pressing play on web player now plays on the web and mobile at the same time even though web player is the selected output. 

These are bugs I'd expect on a new platform but not here.  This is just awful product management.