[Connect] Make Spotify Connect a Choice

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Regular
This has been reported ~5 or 6 years ago. I would just give up if I were
you.
Visitor

Jesus **bleep**ing christ, how hard is it to add a toggle option to disable this godforsaken "feature"... Is your software so poorly implemented that you cannot possibly do this?? It's been over 5 years for **bleep**s sake...

This is why nothing ever gets fixed at Spotify: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GK1NDTWbkY

Casual Listener

Can some from spotify please update! This is driving me crazy

Casual Listener

I have contacted support a few times and always a similar response.

"Hi there,
Thanks for checking in. We'd like to extend all apologies as there haven't been any updates on this matter yet. Rest assured that this concern has already been forwarded to our developers.
Alternatively, if you go to Spotify settings, you should find the option "Show local devices only". This would allow only the devices within reach to appear on Connect. Additionally, since you're on Premium, you may also want to utilize your Offline Listening option. This way, you would only get to listen to a particular device despite not being connected to the internet. 
In the meantime, we recommend that you keep an eye on the Community page for any updates. We'll also be sure to pass word if we've got anything to share as far as any improvements are involved. We thank you for all your patience and understanding on this matter."

I particularly like the suggestion of keeping an eye on the community page even though there has been no progress made in 6 years.

If any one else feels like spamming them until they fix it, please forward this community page to support@spotify.com 

Regular

CompSaysNO.gif

Regular
Get used to it. Spotify folks is so busy with SCRUM and agile development
that they don't even have time to add single switch to an application.
Visitor

It's kinda ridiculous that Spotify keeps spamming my notifcations on Android even when the app is turned off!

Make Connect optional for god's sake.

Regular

5 years in and 41 pages of comments, and you won't implement this? Are you that busy implementing the next graphical redesign?

Spotify Connect is probably the worst anti-feature I've encountered. What kind of scenario did Spotify envision for playing sound out loud on my phone while I'm sitting at my computer?

I don't feel there is a technical reason why this wouldn't be feasible so I've concluded it's a business decision NOT to be able to turn it off.  Just a guess, but it's possible they're using it to collect user data.  I don't do well reading legal things like Terms of Conditions so it may be in there.

I no longer expect them to make this option available so I just don't use Spotify on my desktops - just my phone.  I would drop Spotify all together, but I'm in a cover band and Spotify has the song selection I need to create playlists of songs we're covering.  I also have Amaz0n Prime Music but I don't want to buy every song that I need to learn.  I'm open to other suggestions.