Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
ONLYHUMVN

I use Spotify on my laptop to play music for a stadium, and before a game gets started I like to listen on my phone. I have to put one of them into Offline mode. I would like to still browse all of Spotify on both platforms. 

garbled_snail

This seems pretty easy to do. Please respect your customers and make this a reality. Thanks! 

sillyhat

This is insanely annoying. I can be playing Spotify on my browser at work (because I don't want to drain my phone battery by listening to it on the app) and it will randomly start playing on my phone...like randomly start playing my music out loud on my phone in the office. Do you realize how distruptive this is? 

For reference: browser is Chrome on Mac OS. Phone is Google Pixel. 

EDIT: Putting the app on offline mode seems to stop it from syncing. 

Misio

I'm guessing that marking this issue as "Not right now" took more time than actually making the code change which would disable it. This is the most annoying thing in Spotify right now and they just sit on their hands pretending everything's fine.

gabrielgonzaga

This is really annoying. On my pc at work I listen to different musics than on my car with the iPhone, why should I be forced to use this feature and lose track and have to change back manually everytime? Wouldn´t it be better if people could choose whether use it or not? As we can see in this thread, this is a feature that is annoying some people who pay for Spotify's service for 3 years, please allow us to turn it off at least! Thanks

tjsulz

I've waited as long as I can... just ended my premium subscription. REALLY not looking forward to using iTunes/Apple Music on all of my PCs, but oh well.. here goes. 

FadedEspeon

Won't stop connecting to sister's playlist getting very mad

FadedEspeon

Won't stop connecting to my sister's playlist getting very mad at this feature please remove auto connect it is bad and just screws up the app

dczlcs
My workaround until now has been to exit Spotify on the PC before listening on the phone, and forcibly kill the Spotify process on the phone before listening on the PC. During the past few days Spotify on the phone has begun to wake itself up after I kill it this way, so I have to kill it again. Not that this helps much as the harm (aka sync) has then already been done...
SveinMarvin

You say "Not right now". When will it be done?