Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
sengenbe

I'll be cancelling Premium if this "feature" isn't resolved very soon

ricedp

Holy **bleep**, this is so annoying!!! I'm listening to music at my work in my cubicle where everything is quiet, I take out my phone to look at something, and the music starts blasting out full volume on my phone!!!! Why can't this even be disabled!?!?!

EarlPurple

It can be disabled by putting any device that has Spotify running on it into Offline Mode.

It will then never pick up what Spotify is playing elsewhere.

sengenbe
Offline mode only lets you play music you've saved for download so it
doesn't really resolve the issue
ricedp

Yeah, the problem is that I listen to Spotify on my phone driving into work, log into my computer, listen to music, and then take out my phone and it blasts on my phone. I really don't want to have to go into offline mode every day I go into work or pause my music every time I check my phone. If I could just select, "don't connect to this device", that would be perfect. Or if it just turned off the automatic switching so I had to manually force it to connect, either would be perfect. 

sengenbe
Exactly. I am astounded that this was thought through so poorly by the
product managers.
EarlPurple

Offline mode also means your device won't stay playing something when you don't want it to play anything.

If it's a mobile device, why don't you want to just download playlists you want them to play anyway?

If you're trying to play different things on different devices at the same time, not offline, that is what Spotify does not allow you to do on one account. It never has.

The annoying thing about "connect" for me has always been that I play different playlists on different devices (at different times) and don't want one device to move to what the other one is playing. (That can also be achieved with offline mode but it's still annoying).

Sinistertwin

Going into Offline Mode shouldn't be a requirement to simply listen to the music you want to listen to. That is what this paid service is for. Offline Mode also comes with its own issues, as I experienced constantly when I would use it as a solution. 

EarlPurple

A premium account does mean you can listen to different music on different devices at the same time, but only by going into offline mode and this has always been the case and is not a feature of connect.

The issue of "connect" is playing the music on the wrong device when you don't want it to, and synchronising the play queues when you don't want it to.

The workaround to those is to put your devices offline other than when you need them to be online.

jarrod_dixon

The Connect feature being defended is mind-boggling.  It's one of the most annoying "features" of any software product I've ever used, and if Spotify's main competition didn't also have their Achilles' heels (I'm looking at you Google Play Music and Apple Music), I would have cancelled Spotify Premium over its insistence to keep Connect always-on.

Of course we all hate the "let's sync your devices' current queues - never mind what you were listening to!" part of Connect, but I *really* hate the "oh, you pressed shuffle on this playlist on your iPhone? OK, I'll turn shuffle on your PC's Spotify, too!"

Great job pissing me off.  It's probably not a good idea to have the only reason your customers stick with you to be "the competition sucks worse" - one day, that won't be the case, and I'll happily dis*Connect*.