Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Oonneell

please

tjsulz

Sitting at my desk, getting $h*t done while zoning in with my "focus" playlist. Have to run some errands. Jump in my car. Definitely don't want to listen to my "focus" playlist while buzzing around town. Change playlist. Get back to the office. Snag phone from car dock, sit down at desk, tap play button on my desktop keyboard. Nothing. Silence. Go to Spotify. Oh! What do you know! My computer is attempting to play music on my phone? **bleep**? Change Spotify to play on PC. Oh, wait, what? What happened to my "focus" playlist? Change playlist.

Every f@#&*ing time. Seriously, Spotify? SERIOUSLY?!

EarlPurple

Merely "queuing up some tracks" isn't what I would expect you to do, I would expect you to make a playlist.

Strange how "user playlist" seems to be lost on the modern Spotify community. It's the most basic feature.

It is then common to "download" a playlist onto a device so it can be played offline, particularly a mobile phone. That saves bandwidth and allows you to listen where you have no internet etc.

What Spotify does not want you to do is share your account. Therefore it does not want you to play simultaneously in 2 places. But you still can if one device is offline.

What Spotify should not assume is that:

- You have no special "order" to your playlist.

- You stop listening somewhere then pick up elsewhere what you were listening to.

You want the device to "bookmark" what playlist you are on and where you are in it. And for that to apply to the current device only, unless you CHOOSE to "connect".

We want a choice. Not one or the other forced upon us.

Why is "turn off this annoying feature" marked as "not right now"? This is ruining things for a lot of people. What development is so critical that it is being prioritized over this fix (we really aren't asking for a feature-this wasn't broken before).

I don't believe that Apple Music has this "feature" (flaw)...

alekwo

This is so annoying. Each time I play music on the computer it's taking space in the notifications on the phone... What for? I see absolutely no value in this thing being forced for all... And making an in-app switch isn't a mission impossible for even an average developer.... I do have a family plan for quite a while, but will likely change to another service because of this single thing.

patmac

This is pretty annoying. mostly because the notification sits on my lock screen when I play music on other devices. I'll be out and about and the notification still comes back. Until about the 1626737372626 time I dismiss the notification then it randomly stops. 

Let's just say It's super embarasing to have steel panther playing in your pocket when you are at a little kids birthday party.

Turning off notifications for the entire app isn't a solution at all because that totally handicaps the software for when you do actually use your phone to play music.

This has become even more annoying since I started using spotify through alexa. I will probably just switch to amazon music since spotify has very limited functionality with alexa anyway.

Now if I could just export a list of  my saved songs from spotify so switching wouldn't be a nightmare. Probably another feature spotify "doesn't have time for" so they can control their users.

Take a page out of the play book from Plex. Now there is a company with developers that listen to their customers.

eventheminions

Three years... and we still don't have a simple on/off switch for this polarising feauture. I like to track my listening habits on Last.fm and Spotify Connect causes frustrating double scrobbles as two apps are sending the same song info simultaneously! I have zero use for Connect and in fact it messes up my listening history. Please, Spotify, just give us the option to disable it.

eventheminions

Three years... and we still don't have a simple on/off switch for this polarising feauture. I like to track my listening habits on Last.fm and Spotify Connect causes frustrating double scrobbles as two apps are sending the same song info simultaneously! I have zero use for Connect and in fact it messes up my listening history. Please, Spotify, just give us the option to disable it.

riffing

I've given up hope that this functionality will become optional.  It seems this function is integral to Spotify's business though I don't know why.

Instead of using Spotify everywhere I want (home computer, work computer, tablet), I now only use it exclusively on my phone.  I'm not sure that was Spotify's goal, but that's what this feature has forced me to do.

idontneedalogin

I too would like to disable Spotify Connect. It's the second most annoying Spotify feature for me (after the dreadful Play Queue).

I listen on the desktop app, phone, and tablet. Each device is used in different circumstances (Work, home, gym), but my music tastes can be quite different between them.

It's very annoying to loose what I'm listening to at work when I go out at lunchtime!