Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
BristolBillyBob

Absolutely all of this. Every time I try and listen to music on my desktop, the phone app (even if I've killed it) springs to life, and stops the desktop app from playing, switches to another track and pauses. EVERY TIME. If I kill the mobile app, a minute later BOOM the same thing happens again. It keeps coming back from the dead. If I leave the phone app running, I can get back to listening on the desktop, but all the while, the phone is using up the battery and my data allowance. I should be able to listen to my desktop app without using up my phone battery and data!! Seriously, this is ridiculous. Spotify is about playing music. Everything else should be secondary. If a gimmick like this is stopping me being able to PLAY MUSIC, then it should either be dropped in two seconds flat, or I should be given the option to turn it off. Get the bread and butter right first, everything else, EVERYTHING else, should come second. This kind of half baked bloat is the reason why I loathed iTunes so much before I switched....

DJ_FACT50

Make sure if you post here, to give the original poster Kudos, so this topic will get more and more notice.

joachim

Give us an option to disable this. I don't want it. Don't enforce things on your paying customers.

ashinyrobot

I agree with the option to toggle on/off. In my case, I'm having issues where my computer playlist will randomly switch to the playlist I was listening to on my phone earlier in the day.

Example: I was listening to a Datsik playlist this morning on the way to work. I get to work, open up Spotify, and start playing the latest Mimosa album. In the middle of maybe the third song, sound goes dead. I go to look and it's switch to the Datsik playlist and is now paused.

I should expect that my experience is in fact a bug in the Connect implementation, but simply toggling Connect off would resolve my issue.

Edit: I've also noticed where my phone has shuffling enabled and my desktop app does not, but my playlist on the desktop app winds up playing shuffled anyway. They should be enforced consistent, or should be a local setting as opposed to one that lives in the cloud.

solmaverick

This is a deal-breaker for me. I use different devices in different locations, settings etc.  (work, home, gym, etc) To have a device jump to another context is disruptive and annoying to say the least. If spotify doesn't become optional, you are losing this paying customer. For my uses, the idea of 'one context' for all your devices is asinine. 

mrmozz

Thats it, I'm gone, bye bye Spotify.. Hello Deezer.

I'll keep an eye on the developement on this issue though. I'll come back for sure when Spotify Connect can be disabled.

The problem for me is not the battery drain as much. The real annoing problem is when I listen to music on my desktop at home then the playlist on my phone that i use in my car gets **bleep**ed up. I want to continue the same song and playlist when I get back in the car. I don't want to listen to whatever I was listening to at home.

mrmozz

I discovered someting just now. When I use Spotify on my desktop at home the connect feature is making Spotify on my mobile phone eat of my data plan. This is unacceptable! I've played just a few song for some minutes to test this and Spotify has used 2MB of data on my phone. 2 MB is not much but with hours and hours of listening every day for a whole month it is gonna be quite a significant amount. I do not want Spotify to eat of my data plan when I'm not using my phone!! How can you guys at Spotify think this is OK?

jwagner347

There seems to be a recent bug where I start playing spotify on my Mac and then a few minutes later my Spotify app on my Android phone opens.  It doesn't actually play anything but I can see the app start and it says it's playing the same song as on my Mac, but it's not actually playing anything.  This seems to have stopped Spotify from playing on my Mac at least once.  

#bug

jmalibeeson

Have you completely closed out the spotify app on your android? 

jwagner347

Yes, I close it from the dropdown and it no longer shows at the top of my screen, which is the same way i've always closed it.