[Connect] Multiple Accounts access same Device

It would be nice if all spotify premium users on the local network could use spotify connect to stream to a client (i.e pc connected to the speakers)

Now you can stream to the client only if you are logged in with the same account on the other devices. This is not that practical since there are usually more than one spotify user/account in the same household. Especially with the new spotify family being released.

Updated on 2017-10-24

Hi folks, we're marking this as "Not Right Now" today. While yes users can change the song playing on Connect by taking over the device that's streaming, we don't have plans to multiple users control the same device via Connect. Of course if this changes we will post here first. Please continue to leave your feedback here and we'll pass it to the Connect team, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Gmhkxz

My family is trying to upgrade to the premium family plan; although, I have had a plan attracted to my Netwerk provider, Sprint. How can I change, while transfering all my music, up to the family plan without losing my accounts music. 

Wansmaak

I think it's ridiculous that this is still unavailable!

(and I can't up vote)

justinyoung4

I'm not sure if a high volume of comments is something that could help implement this change, but i'm willing to give it a shot and add my voice. My only real issue with Spotify is the "one user at a time" feature on a family plan. We have encountered this limitation on several occasions. The idea that multiple users on a family plan should be able to operate seperate devices/speakers in the same household at the same time is a simple one. Please make this happen!!

donalmaccarthy

Is there any update on this? I pay for spotify family in my house, and we have a few spotify connect devices, but we can only have them connected to one account at the moment

chupitnik

I'm really considering downgrading my family plan. I feel like I'm just wasting my money. I asked about this feature a fair old while ago but there has been no response. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-10-24

Hi folks, we're marking this as "Not Right Now" today. While yes users can change the song playing on Connect by taking over the device that's streaming, we don't have plans to multiple users control the same device via Connect. Of course if this changes we will post here first. Please continue to leave your feedback here and we'll pass it to the Connect team, thanks!

chupitnik

Disappointing Spotify, very disappointing.

user-removed
Not applicable

I think this would be an awesome idea, espcially for spotify family. I think that Maclir's ideas would remove any concerns for safety. It's just really cumnersome kistening to music at home with other people and having to log in/out of spotify to get to work on devices such as TV's

vVn7sOdo

So this has been on "Not Right Now" for three weeks now. Time to change it to "Let's do this!". 

enterit

Another use case where I think this feature would be super-handy: listening to Spotify in a car.

I have my phone connected to bluetooth while driving - as both hands-free and media player. I need both profiles, because using hands free-only makes GPS guidance sounds playing through phone speaker, which sucks.

Now, I am playing songs from Spotify, and I want my son or my wife to control what's being played.

Spotify team, you guys managed to find time to integrate with Waze. Maybe you could re-prioritize this feature? It is the same category, and will make Spotify much more fun and useful during long drive. Given that people in the U.S. spend so much time driving, maybe you could make it a paid extra option? I would definitely pay for this feature!