Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
MarcGoodman
Hmmm, I don’t know why that is. It works for me, both by plugging it into my old stereo input (an “Echo Input”), plugging Echo Dots into a modern double speaker, and connecting Echo Dots to that modern double speaker by Bluetooth.
Arch173ct
Connecting through AUX works fine for me too. I guess the echo with screens don't handle bluetooth the same. It actually gave me a warning when setting up multiroom that if I connect the show 5 it will have an issue with bluetooth. 

I ordered more AUX to RCA cables to sort that out... ye i use an echo input on one amp and an echo dot on the other right now...

What i'm having issues with is getting the sonos speakers around the house to play nice. They are in the bedrooms and the bathrooms. I guess what ill have to do is get an old sonos connect to allow the main amp to send the pre outs to the sonos speakers around the house. 

Hate that Spotify isnt willing to make our lives easier. 

jackmcdade

Adding this feature will compete directly with SONOS. Please do it!

Teleloco

Hay otra opción que tenga esta característica? Soy miembro hace 5 años (premium)  y no puedo creer que todavía no lo hayan implementado. Tengo un parlante en la cocina por wifi y los demás por Bluetooth. Quiero conectar dos uno por wifi y el otro del living por Bluetooth para escuchar al mismo tiempo.

ifdeez

Anyone using the Alexa brand speakers need to take 4runnersrule's advice. I followed their steps and got my whole house playing spotify. Here it is again:

"I can confirm that in the Alexa app you can link multiple echos together and call it everywhere then proceed to the Spotify app and it appears.

Step 1 -open Alexa app

step 2- click on the top right + button

step 3- select create multi room audio

step 4 name it whatever you like and click next and then it will take a few moments and it’ll link them all together and show up in the seperate Spotify app as “everywhere” or what you named it"

Arch173ct

The issue here is not how to get one single ecosystem system to work.

What we are asking for is a way to combine all the correct ecosystems through the Spotify app. If you have Sonos in the bedrooms and bathrooms, Denon amp in the living room and Alexa in the office and they are all Spotify connect devices we need a way to get them to all play nice through the Spotify app.

Yes we know there are workarounds. I could connect an echo link or echo input to the Denon amp and a Sonos connect or Sonos Port to the same amp and ask Alexa to play music on a multiroom that combines the office echo and the Denon amp. Then though the Sonos Port or Sonos Connect send the music to go to all the Sonos speakers around the house.

The issue is that's not elegant and it creates a master - slave scenario where the amp needs to be powered on to get music to the rest of the house.

Spotify don't do this to us.

WilliamZWang

You can do this with a home theatre system. You just add and connect fixed and portable devices to home theatre and a then you control the casting from there. 

It cost Spotify triple for that stream if they are the one casting the music for you to 3 devices using the current revenue setup. 

tiagofrc

pleasee

Chirstobal

Actually very surprised this is not possible!  I just want to have music playing through my house. Very disapointed by spotify on this.

Atikalz

Would be nice to group sonos and Echos devices via Spotify connect. Or to group Or degroup sonos devices direct via Spotify connect. Instead of using the sonos app for that.