Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
FrostyOfTheNort

95 pages of people asking for this over the years.  I love Spotify overall but the lack of progress on this topic makes us all dolts.

indianacalle

Yeah let's hear that reply now! Snälla... 

Toadacious

Great idea I know at least two other people including myself that would love it. But please can we have the option for more than just three devices I know I'd use at least five at at a time; especially as with today's broadband speeds and WiFi networks there should be no issue with bandwidth.

jpgoff

we live in a railroad apartment and our kitchen is between our studio and our living room. it would be amazing to fill our home with music using a computer in one room and our bluetooth speakers in the other. coming from someone with a premium family account, I would totally be willing to pay more for a feature like this. agree that 3 devices max would be generous and absolutely perfect for most homes. thank you!

teka2303

Any update on this feature ? The app Ampme do something similar but it would be so nice to have it native on Spotify app

tinktoy
I dumped Spotify! Amazon much better!
PW_

Please please allow this! I usually control the music at work and we have three distinct zones, would be great to control all zones at once!

Markandsally

Why can’t you just do this. I can not be that difficult! Would add so much value to listening on Spotify! 

PeaTee

@tinktoy  Is this possible in Amazon Music?

Toadacious

Yes I tried exactly that last weekend with an Echo and an Echo Dot. You can create a group of devices and then play Spotify to the group. I found there was a slight delay and it was a bit buggy. Sometimes only one of the devices would play and other times they would play different tracks. However I suspect it was down to poor WiFi signal. I need to test again.