Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Stuka_87

So, it is now 2018, and I am still unable to turn off this unwanted feature. I would be fine if it only connected when I asked it. But the fact that devices can fight over what song is playing is complete BS. I have been using spotify for many, many years. And this "feature" is making me want to cancel my premium account.

coffee-lawyer

Can you please make this into a priority? I can't turn this ability off, and for some reason Spotify on my phone likes to prioritize other people's devices instead of my own. The only way I've been able to turn off other people's devices on my phone when I'm trying to listen to my own music is to go into offline mode which is not ideal.

GeorgeTokarenko

Please make this very intrusive function optional

kbw2

Is there a big financial reason for you that you would require connection to other unintended devices?  We're still paying the fee but don't want other devices to connect.  Please just be honest and tell everyone if you have a reason that you will never fix this and provide an option to turn it off.  We know it is technology easy and it is insulting to everyone's intelligence the way you are ignoring the question or saying "not right now."  

rdmobile

Since you won't let me vote I am voting via comments. Yes, please make connect an option that I can turn off. Its a privacy and security threat that I don't agree with. Its enough to make me want to cancel my premium subscription.

daydreamtime

Please, give us the option to turn this off. I have premium, and it's very irritating that when I'm listening to music on my computer at home, and then I go work outside and turn on my phone, it turns off of the computer. Sometimes, I leave the music on for my kids who are under ten, so, no they aren't in need of their own account. Sometimes it just switches when I open another device, or it changes my song to what I was listening to on that device, and I didn't want it to. One day my 4-year-old asked Alexa to play a song via Spotify, and I was suddenly blasted with Big Block Sing Song through my computer headset instead of from the Echo. Just please let me turn off the computer connectivity to other devices when I don't need it. It can't possibly be that hard to add the Not Right Now button to the desktop app. 

Popsac

Terrible feature and even more terrible response to everyone's request to fix it.  I'm done.  8 years of spotify premium this is just an annoying breaking point.  What a waste of resources on a phone.  I don't need my phone to be drained for something I'm doing on my PC. That's bush league stuff.  Fix it and maybe I'll come back.  

EarlPurple

The breaking point for me is their new restriction in my search that only allows me up to 10,000 results.

I want to know ALL the new releases not just the ones they want to show me.

If another service offers a better search API that will return me all the new releases that will end Spotify for me.

Rsteck

I really hate this. I get to work, press play and nothing happens only to find out I have startled my wife at home when it starts playing on my home computer. This should be an option, not a forced function.

mczon

Well, there doesn't really seem to be any point in commenting in here. Asked them to make some sort of comment here in this thread and haven't heard a word from them here (if I am blind I appologise). I asked them 2019-07-19 so more than nine months and not a word. They claimed they read the comments but I doubt it. They just mark something as 'Not right now' and ignore it.

Reply from them:
Hey there! Don't worry, when a thread is marked "Not Right Now", we'll still take all feedback about it into account. The status is there to let users know that the developers don't have any immediate plans of implementing the idea. Hope that helps /NQ

... yea right.