Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Spotify in Ukraine

Hi Spotify team!

When watching Eurovision on TV in Stockholm this year I couldn't but think why Spotify is not yet registered in Ukraine? Eurovision 2017 in Ukraine would be a great marketing kick-start for the app in this country. Unlike Russia's personal data laws, Ukraine has no such restrictions of keeping the data only in Ukraine, so one large chunk of a problem is away. 

Although I currently live in Finland (relocating soon to Stockholm), I have test run the idea on my Ukrainian relatives/ friends/ partners etc. and it'd be successful there. Similarly to Russia and all the illegal music streaming through social media and online sources, there is a shift among user behavior - preference to have access to lots of good quality music all the time at any place.

Updated on 2020-07-15

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're very happy to announce that Spotify is now available in Ukraine.

There's some more information on this here!

Happy listening!

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-07-15

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're very happy to announce that Spotify is now available in Ukraine.

There's some more information on this here!

Happy listening!

0o

The price of $5 for Ukraine when compared to russia ($2.37), a country with higher purchasing power than Ukraine. Disappointing.

potatoes23

Comparing the prices does not make much sense because it's not dependent only on the buying power, but on operation costs and consumer interest in your product. And I really doubt that buying power in Russia outside Moscow is much bigger than here.

If $2.50 extra does not justify the benefits of Spotify for you - there's always youtube music for 80 hrn.

freefeel

Hello everybody! Thank you very much Spotify for coming to us.

I've been using spotify for a long time. I am buying a premium account, in a neighboring country - Poland. Hearing that spotifay is in my home country, I was sincerely surprised and decided to move here, but was very disappointed with the following:
1) that prices are too high, as for a developing country that has a low GDP and purchasing power, and that is not a member of the EU, does not pay VAT.
2) prices are not set in the national currency. The rate is always floating and does not allow you to pay conveniently given the conversion.

All this does not give me a competitive advantage and the opportunity to use at home.
Asked friends who use competitive services, they think similarly.

I believe that if the service revised its policy a bit, they would have significant success with us. With more audience coverage, even at lower prices - the service will get more benefits, and customers will be happy.
Anyway, thank you for being you! good luck

alexeushko

Thank you for doing this for Ukraine. Today is my birthday and for me it is the best gift since I am a huge fan of Spotify and I had to use it for many years with VPN and pain. You have come a long way after many years, but I am glad that this happened! Hooray!

MattSuda

The Spotify mobile app and web player should now have language support for Ukrainian

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

Flanstario1

I support the Ukrainian people with this  war started by this stupid Poutine.

Vive l'Ukraine. 

intfis

Flanstario1,  Thank you 🙏

romaniv

@Flanstario1 thank you, brother!

Hackeron1

awfawfafw