Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country][Subscription] Add Premium Family for South Africa

Welcome to South Africa, Spotify 🙂 

Your amazing family plan, would be a great + welcome addition here. Being able to easily, and cheaply, sign up my family under 1 account would make billing a breeze.

And shame, my technologically challenged mom and dad (who type in 'google', into their Chrome URL bar so they can search for google, and then google something) wouldn't know where to start in setting up billing and all that... Being able to manage this for them via my account, would be amazing.

Thanks kindly - for your attention to the above, and for coming to SA.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange!
Listening together as a family is about to get even better - Spotify Premium Family is now available in South Africa.

Getting started is easy - just visit spotify.com/family, follow the steps to create your Premium Family account, and invite family members you live with.

Comments
ECK1977

Lack of family plan in South Africa is a major disappointment

ECK1977

This thread was started in March... it is now September... hello is anyone at Spotify reading these?

Mazing

family pack pls or i might end up going to googles.

ma19jacs

Please add family plan to Spotify South Africa.

ma19jacs

I love Spotify but the only thing it lacks is family plan which will make me switch to it forever. Please add family plan!

SparksZA

Couldn't agree more.

I've been a long-time user of Deezer Family but been trying Spotify Premium the past few weeks. I find it appreciably slicker than Deezer and with a mot more value-add, but without a "Family" option and support for multi-device streaming it's a non-starter for me. Heads up Spotify!

Brandon41

Is there a different payment method for south Africa as well besides credit card and pay pal like using a debt card? 

Patricia_Gomes

Hi Spotify, it is complicated when you move countries and you can not find the same service. I really enjoy Spotify and had my premium subscription before move to South Africa. I have to change my payment information and then I lost my family premium plan. I am upset because it should not be like that. Could you please let me know why I was not able in only change the payment format instead of the plan? Because I moved countries I should keep the same plan. In a global world with a company like Spotify, I am not able to understand how does it works. Thanks for your reply.

Mike007nai

Hi i have subscribed to spotify premium. My wife and kids want to listen to spotify. I would like them not to disturb me using my login details. Can you activate the family plan as soon as it becomes available in South Africa.

rEjeKt

I'm in full support of the family subscription. I don't see why they would push premium advertising incessantly but won't supply a comprehensive solution.

As many others mentioned  I don't see how this is hard to implement.