Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] More options for Sleep Timer control

Spotify has the option of putting on a sleep timer while listening to podcasts. I love this feature and use it often. The time increments go from five minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes to an hour. It would be nice to also have a customizable timer, much like audible does for their audiobooks. The 15 minute increments are a little long and it would be nice to sometimes put on a timer for 25 minutes or 30 minutes, etc. You could also put the option 'until the end of the playlist' or 'until the end of the queue'.

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Noonoopart2

There should be an option in the sleep timer to stop audio at the end of a queue.

zardox

I like the idea of having sleep timer bring up a widget with small hand and big on clock. You drag to spin either one and set the time you want.

If that is not implemented change the choices to end of song; 10, 20, 30 minutes;1, 2, 3, 4 hours
IN ADDITION I would like access to the timer not be buried under the currently playing song. Rather have it at the top level of the home screen or your library. Or even queue

LizardStyx

To be able to set my own time would be nice, one hour is too short sometimes.

w6tmk6og06is35159c55

For example I want my sleep timer on fire 20 minutes because 30 is too long and 15 too short, so it would be easy if you had a slider and we could select any time length we want rather than that small selection 

nikkikaray

Jumping on to say I'm 100% on board with adding either customizable time to the sleep timer (i.e. a clock), or just giving more options like 2-4-6-8 hours, 1 hour isn't enough to actually get to sleep for a lot of people. If turning autoplay off actually worked then I would happily just do until the end of my playlist, but even with autoplay disabled it jumps to suggested music after it finishes the queue.

ericleigh007

The problem with the way that an artist's top songs is displayed currently creates an implicit bias for the most popular songs, so the most popular tend to separate themselves more and more from the bottom of the pack.  Let's call that "popularity bias"

This can be seen by taking any artist's default display showing the top 5 songs, and then expanding the window to the 6th most popular.  By and large, you find a very large gap there because the UI creates a situation where more clicks are needed in order to discover the less popular.

I'll bet if spotify did an A-B test where some users got a random display, they'd find a different listening pattern for just that group, proving that the sorting of the tracks in order of plays leads to this implicit bias.

Another A-B test where the play count had to be manually added, and otherwise songs were sorted in a random or alphabetic order, would reveal the same sort of thing.

These A-B tests would go a long way toward understanding maybe how to keep the popularity bias from taking root.

-thanks

steffilove

I need 20 minutes, always. I'd design it this way:

Sleeptimer

Stop after 30 minutes.

Behavior:

• The last choice is remembered.
  • Clicking on 30 would show these options:
    • 5 minutes
    • 10 minutes
    • 15 minutes
    • 20 minutes
    • 30 minutes
    • 1 hour
    • After the song finishes
    • Set time manually...
RaveWolf1

This will never happen... It's now 2024 and there is still no update on the Sleep Timer for desktop. How much longer must we wait... This request has been recreated multiple times starting from scratch. Here is the earliest request I could find in 2012  and another in 2020.  STOP with the new Polls. I've decided unsubscribe and move on to a company / service that actually cares about their customers. There is no point in paying for something I want and don't receive, especially since this request has been going since at least 2012. 12 years later with Zero Cares!

Crankeedoodledoo

Come on, Spotify, make this happen already! It's not that complicated, especially since you already have the sleep timer. You're not working from scratch.