Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
SubzeroSC

I hope this feature gets added as it would make my hundreds of playlists more easily recognizable. Even if the playlist cover image is only visible to me it would be much appreciated addition to Spotify.

aed71

If it was to just re-create the playlist cover image with a new random selection of albums within that playlist, cause you may have added lots of new songs, that'll be very appreciated.

cyantific35

Bumping for interest. This should absolutely be a feature. 

Martin2035

Let's do this!! 

Whizzy

Basically 2k16 bucket list with spotify!

Amlaith

gunse, "

This is a great idea and I don't know why you didn't make it already! It's time to give us (regular users) this permission. I really want to write a bio(description) and put an artwork as cover to my playlists"

I love the way you think mate.

A community loves creating something unique about their own work on a page, in this case it would be a playlist with our favorite tunes. It is something worth considering for sure.

Ptolbert13

this would be great! used to be able to do this but that feature is gone now i guess

elmar2001

I would like to give my playlists a unique look, too. Please add this feature.

mummybot

Come on, turn this feature on for regular users! https://partners.spotify.com/customizing-playlists/ How is Spotify supposed to be a social platform if its users can't make it their own. You are sitting on a gold mine of potential amateur radio DJs!

rubensolvang

I have been using Spotify Premium for a few weeks now (30-days trial) and this is what I miss the most! Not only to customize my own playlists, but to be able to search through other users' carefully curated playlists (and rate them) would make new music that much more accessible.

If this feature doesn't make it, I think I'll jump ship and continue using streaming services like 8tracks, where I can listen to curated music for free (only visual ads, no interuptions), and compose my own playlists with descriptions and a cover image.