Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
yassersutojoyo

Oh god, we need this asap!

gareth8

Christ on a bike! Why does it take Spotify sooooooooo long to implement simple functionality?! Four years of asking for this; four years of asking for a profile picture! Jeez, get on with it already.

r1verw1ld

Disappointed this is still not an option after nearly four years and thousands of kudos. We have watched streaming services over the years begin to fold because of their reluctance to change. I will continue to build mixes through SoundCloud.

technojosh

This really needs to be implemented. 

edsonsegovia

This is would be a great idea! People love being able to customize and distinguish their playlist from the rest. Having the ability to customize a playlist by choosing a cover, plus being able to add a description, sounds amazing. Not only that, but it can attract users to view public playlists much more often and discover new songs. Definitely implement this idea if possible Spotify

a_bet

Yeah, it's a little great idead i'd like to see implemented soon too!

willargueta3

I'd love this idea. I admire it so much that I am willing to fight for its functionality. Being able to create our own playlist cover and our own description for it would be amazing. It really would allow us users to open up our creativity on such a simple addition. I loved the small idea that Playstation 4 had, that being allowing to use a custom image as your psn avatar! That is rad, and you too can be rad if you add it.

-W

carl_harris

This is such a good idea, it would also be great if the user could have a small description on their profile to make it again; more unique. On my soundcloud account for example (although I prefer spotify on a whole new level) I love how I can personalise my account with a cover photo (which could be visible when you drag the screen down similar to the artists page) and a small text box which allows me to write a bit about myself and links me to my other social media, does anyone agree that this would be awesome?

This would be very awesome. Hope it gets to live soon!

lukebotham1

The more customization the better! Happy Listening!