Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
sarahkilen

I would love spotify even more if I could chose my own picture for my own playlist. I know that it works for mac, but I want to do that on my windows computer. Please, let that be a part of the next update! 🙂 

jakemcl96

At least let us choose which album covers appear on the avatar. I want people to know what is in there instead of just 4 Guns N Roses covers. 

SubzeroSC

@Kurtisrogers

Are you trolling us 🙂 I am still not seeing this feature or the playlist you "show" with custom cover. Can you share the link to such playlist as proof?

Nsb313us
Yo add this picture Spotify. It would be fire. I made a Playlist with Eminem, Biggie, Dre, and a tiny bit of 50 Cent, and 50 Cent is on my cover. I wanna put a pic of Em and Dre.
jakemcl96
I figured out that the covers in the playlist pic are taken from the first 4 songs of the playlist. So if you make the 4 songs that correspond to the album cover you wamt as the first 4 songs of the playlist, the picture will adjust accordingly. Idk if that helps hahaha
Mattymattia

You can already change the picture, if you're a sponsored brand ahahah

It would be great to expand the feature to everyone: for example, a menu with the choice of the pic (as for WhatsApp Groups pics) would appear by clicking on our playlist default image.

JakeDGator

It's been four years since this idea was presented and it is still "Under Consideration"? What harm could come from allowing users (this could even be a tempting premium feature) to have their own cover art for playlists they create? Apple Music has this option and it adds an extra touch of personality to playlists.

HarryHamilton_

Add this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my old account I was able to do this and now that I've made a new account I can't! I didn't even realise this wasn't a feature everyone had until I've found myself without it! How do I get it back?
Kydda

Spotify is the world's greatest music platform. It connects the people of this planet with a daily necessity, music. Spotify revolutionized personal and public playlist creation. However, every creation is meant to evolve in order to improve. 

Premium Users being given permission to upload a 1:1 Ratio Picture to their playlists to give it more style and structure would really give the user a better chance of attracting new listeners. This would be an excellent step to take for the customer and artist base of Spotify to benefit, provided it's economically and legally feasible to cross that bridge.