Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
darklakes

My eyesight is not too good and I have difficulty trying to scroll etc.

Is there any other (brighter) interface?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-03-07

Hey folks, we still don't have plans for customizable Spotify skins within the app. Of course if our designers have an update on this I will post here first. We'll continue letting the designers know this is getting kudos and comments in the Idea Exchange. 

Thank you for for feedback everyone.

USFBull87

I wish that there was a feature that would let you just have the album artwork titel of song controls and time line bar in a small window like you can minimize windows media player to do. Making it very small would be helpful!

CL1CKS

Kind of sad to see "not right now" on something so basic. Could it really be so hard to change some number/letter values for things and make it options. Or even give us color wheels for background, text ect? In all honesty I often use the drag down menu on Android rather than the widget to change tracks because of how ugly the widget is. And I pretty much never have anything themed green on my phone,let alone grey. Not to mention it's a perfect square with no soft edges, rounded corners, or even a drop shadow could be nice? Overall the app for both desktop and mobile are pretty nasty. 

texas_b

I am all for having skins, or color options like in Photoshop. But more than that, and how I wound up here is the ability to edit the view, like iTunes. I have a mini monitor that I keep Spotify and "non-work" programs on and the Spotify UI is rigid and cumbersome on smaller screens. And if paying users have been asking for something for more than 4 years, maybe it is time. Seriously, it's time. Do it. Please.

jf37T

I am in the process of switching all my playlists over from Apple Music .

I love Spotify for its superior sound, and extensive playlists and collections.

I also appreciate that I can easily use both my ipad and imac in sync and listen to either one's speakers.

I left Apple Music because of program bugs and an ipad app which sucks up all available storage, leaving the ipad useless.

The final straw was losing most of a couple of playlists which I had spent months building up. Just gone!

The only thing I miss about Apple Music  is the beautiful interface, and readable colors.

I also liked the fact that the text and background colors for playlists are automatically drawn from the artwork of the first item in the list.

This is a fun feature, but lacking that I would just like a menu which lets me select my favourite color scheme.

derpaderpaderp

Hey Devs, 

Let's please move forward with scaling frames and wider/more visible scroll bars.

PLEASE.

Pretty please.

Changing base colors is as simple as enabling like, 20 lines of hex values into a redraw function.

Get it done.

Please.

Sincerely, a premium subscriber.

dahlj

The contrast in todays black/grey skin is very bad, it's not always easy to find the scroll handles. Can't these at least be made a bit brighter while waiting for the skins?

Sdog62

The Dark display on the Web version is almostt impossible to see if you are on a laptop outside. Also the scroll bars are annyoing because they are not contrasting enough with the bacground and way too small. Please offer a "light" theme with bigger scroll bars and I think most folks would be happy.

felixnutella

As cool as the black UI is at night - during daytime it is absolutely uncool. Sitting in a light room, but the UI is 98% impossible to read. Black background, grey letters?? Making a negative UI so we can use the brilliant service during daytime without having to pull the curtains, shouldn't be that big a problem !!