Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
idemockle

I use spotify a lot while editing Word documents or browsing the internet. Alt-tab-ing into and out of spotify is jarring because of the all black interface. Every time I alt-tab back to Word it takes my eyes a few seconds to adjust. I'd really like to see a day theme.

toxiccupcake

I think that everyone should be able to choose and costumize different colors they want, not only green, but pink, purple, red, blue, white etc. 

In the edits there should be a "change color" tab or something where you get to choose from other default colors.

So everything that is green on spotify will be the color of your choice.

I would love that. Everyone just gets to have their spotify more personalized and feel more at ease with their favorite color.

Make this happen

mophiathebad

That would be awesome to be able to change the theme on Spotify. It would definetly be a step up from the classic white text on black background theme. 

austinurban45

This needs to happen soon! tired of the normal, dark, depressing theme. Sincerely long time premium user

etogyz

White text on a black background is a classic no no in web design.

Why can't we change this! 😞

EdgarKevin

New themes woulr totally do. The app should have both a dark and light theme for a start

foreverbeauty06

I'm fine with the current skin tho. 🙂

pdostal

I'd appreciate to have bright version. Since almost every application has white background but just Spotify has black one. And that's why it's currently so annoying especially at night. I very like like Spotify but I'm even considering to switch to Apple Music because of that.

NFLION

I will go premium when I am able to look at the platform for more than 1 minute. A white background would be nice but anything bright would work for me. I am waiting.

kdewalle

100% agree, I love spotify but after years of using the black/green skin, which i didn't like from the start, i'm now seriously considering of moving to a different platform. I simply can't understand why its so difficult to listen to so many users who've raised this issue since the start of spotify and create a few alternative skins (and include a light toned one). Come on spotify, apply the Nike slogun and 'Just do it !'.