Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments

Boxify would be a pretty good Spotify skin. More geometric themed gui.

Also Eggify for the heck of it. It could have some funny refferences like scramble instead of shuffle, or other punny stuff.

crystalka

The dark background is too dark, I can't find the scroll bar most of the time.  A tad bit lighter would be nice.

darringtonc

I join the throng of others who want to customize the skin/background of Spotify. It is very hard to see, and it's ridiculous that it can't be changed.

xelacastle

I REALLY REALLY would love Spotify so much more if I were able to change the skin. I definitely think this should be an option and would make so many of us very happy. I'm actually slightly shocked something so seemingly simple hasn't been done.

fdangelo1

I don't get it.

When someone tells me I missed the mark on a UI design, I try to do better.

I've learned that if I spend time to add a feature, it's best to ask what the user wants.

In the past I've done things that I thought were really cool, only to have them blow up in face, and then have to go back and do it again to fix it.

That being said: why would Spotify design a crappy backgroung that is so hard to see?

At the very least provide a color pallete for the background and one for the text.

How hard can that be? Don't tell me, I already know: It's really hard! - that's the answer I used to give, too.

IgnisCyan

Hey so, there hasn't been an update on this in over a year. Is this even potentially in the pipeline anymore? I really feel like you guys never utilize the suggestions screen seriously. 

DraagynJ

This is F*king ridiculous. How hard would it be to let someone use a skin. Over a year and no word about it. Keep ignoring people who pay you for a service. At least you ignore people consistently. I know Xbox users are pissed you can't create a cross platform app for them. Maybe, I'm just a drop in the bucket... but the more I see you ignore your customers... the more I question paying for preimum. 

YazminTR

Ya es 2017! Quiero poder personalizar mi spotify 💔 

ClaudeDM

High CEO of Spotify, please propose to us THE CHOICE between 3 to 5 colors schemes.

High Designers, put an irresistible pressure on your CEO to bring them to respect the desires of their customers by proposing them irresistible projects.

We users are not divas, we just want to have a comfortable interface.

darringtonc

People with visual impairments typically see best in high-contrast settings: like yellow letters against a black background, etc. Surely Spotify would want to provide the best visual experience for EVERYONE?? Every disability can be accommodated!