Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-07-28

2015-07-28

Hey folks, last year our friends at Algoriddim announced a major update to djay for iPhone and iPad. This new version lets all our Premium subscribers mix millions of tracks using their iPhone and iPad, as well as hook up their professional DJ hardware to a massive library of music.

We don't have any updates on a DJ app for Desktop. If we do we will post here first, thanks!

Stuartiphone
For the spotify senior management team - Guys with the market getting more competitive please can we get a DJ app for spotify. I know the current licence only covers personal use of the music streaming so how about the following: 1) pro dj app - if there are pro dj's out there they will pay an extra licence fee for public performances. 2) consumer dj app - guys I'll pay more for this app; license or one of fee make it the same app as the pro version but with infrequent random interruptions. 3) the a
Stuartiphone
Press post to soon (with over excitement) 3) the red bull bpm app was great massive functionality and now not supported This solution would be great for acquiring new advocates and members, stealing the upper hand on the competition and making spotify the number 1 consideration for dance music producers and musicians. If your going to do anything different in your development road map in the next 2 years, this would have the biggest revenue and engagement impact i can think off. Regards Stuart
Sarah19oo
the name kudos 4 sure does ring a bell in my head. Wonder if I know you. I'm wondering if you are my boyfriend claude.I have a feeling that he is in here somewhere leaving comment but where and who is he are
Guzzelmo

We need a pc solution!!!!! 

KernelDensity

Couldn't agree more.  

Last Apple product I held was a corer/peeler when I was making apple sause. I refuse to bow to the drone. We need a PC solution.

mbug90

Devs, I am grateful that you marked this idea with "Watch This Space"

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2015-12-10

In 2014 our friends at Algoriddim announced a major update to djay for iPhone and iPad. This new version lets all our Premium subscribers mix millions of tracks using their iPhone and iPad, as well as hook up their professional DJ hardware to a massive library of music. You can read more about djay and Spotify right here

In case you're interested there are separate Ideas for other platforms here:

Spotify DJ app [Desktop]

Spotify DJ app [Android]

DJAJ
When in party /DJ mode I noticed in the holiday party and edm party it keeps playing the songs in the same order when I switch from one mode (upbeat/mellow) to another mode and back again. Has the effect of repeating the same songs in the same order over and over. It would be better if the default was shuffle instead of playing the songs in in sub-list order
therishdizzle

Bump for visibility - is there still no PC DJ software option for using Spotify? Is there likely to be in the next 3-6 months or is the only option to use Algoriddim's Djay software on the Mac?