Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back Lyrics

Allow me to re-edit again, in premise, that thanks to all of you this idea keeps receiving votes, and I am grateful to each of you, and when I expressed this desire as an idea I was a newbie, I owe to the professionality of Marco and Toku, whom I thank again, that I became aware that this idea it’s by no means new, nor even mine but Spotify’s, yet it is properly expressed, and it is shared by enough Community members for it to be still alive, and I agree with Arcanscape that, "We really need the lyrics feature", and I just notice an excellent temporary alternative of “SpotifyLyrics” kindly programmed and provided by Mirth (fr31): https://github.com/fr31/spotifylyrics/releases (via scoobyTdog), it works very well on my Pc 🙂 and I invite you all to try it.

Whilst singing might be fun, I have another approach to lyrics and sound, which is of course not mutually exclusive, and I read the words to see if I like them as I enjoy the melody, if I see myself in the lyrics, if I share the values expressed, and this is easier by having the words at hand.

So please Spotify bring back the Lyrics Feature most elegantly -- as you did with restyling the Community -- when you find a better Lyrics Provider.

Reading and listening might be even better than karaoke, although not as fun 😉

and every member could always do both, even just singing, as a very close person in my family does, and many other people do.

Thank you for evaluating, with my warmest and most sincere Regards.

Marco, a poet at heart

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
JackH429

Dear Spotify,

As customers we expect a certain amount of honesty. So don't tell us the same stuff we've been hearing for years. Let's get the ball rolling. We all know how challenging it is to get lyrics (Lyrics are a seperate copyright from the song itself). So please listen to the 14,000 that took the time to like this, and the millions of customers that have wanted this. Now more the. Ever it is important to stay at least equal with Apple Music and this is currently you greatest pitfall. I highly recomend you extend your contract with genius Genius, Or renegotiate with Musixmatch (just don't ask for exclusivity that makes them mad). SoundHound is a possibility too ... just so ya know.

JackH429

Ok but who is it going to internally. I swear they probably just hired Karen from HR to go through here and type some b.s.

diegofla0731

Yes !!!!!!!, please

I downloaded an app called "musixmatch" where you can get lyrics, but it would be much better if the lyrics were included in Spotify, also it would be great to have the access to lyrics offline (with Spotify Premium)

thank you for reading this comment!

AustinBureikuu

Having to go out of Spotify to use Genius is annoying, true. This is no-brainer tbh.

Codman212

Switching to Apple Music in 30 days if Spotify doesn’t add lyrics back to their platform. There’s no excuse at this point. 

JackH429
jondes
Now can they explain why certain features only work in certain countries?
dong-myung

I was hoping to see the lyrics ... I'm glad to see the lyrics soon!

bobson58
Fat Chance.Spotify people are inept at social communication, keeping the customer in the know or just showing they care. I started this issue about "where the heck are the lyrics,?" what two years ago? Total malarky and pass the buck internally and make the external customers suffer. That's what it is. Your staff must sit around a table and some say to the others at Spotify "lyrics? lyrics?, we need no stinkin' lyrics."
Spotify you are offering a lousy customer experience around something that we, as users, have placed in your hands. Music is a big deal for us. It is often like a drink of cool, clear, clean water. Not with you. You don't offer me LYRICS. 
mickyt

I have been making comments and requests and looking for some reaction from Spotify ref lyrics for 4 years. Lost count of ideas that have been suggested..... and Nothing.....(I know... I should have made a statement by going to apple or other app.) They are Confident that not enough of us are serious enough to vote with our feet. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer set Spotify playlists to other apps.  Amazon etc. For, if this is possible am gone. This latest ref to Sound horn is a Joke. WONT HAPPEN.` Too costly and not a priority