Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back the popularity bars

Bring back the little bars that signified how popular each song was on an album!

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Codross

In the same vein, can we get stream counts on all songs in the mobile app, not just the 5 songs that are deemed “popular” on the artist page.

sandokanfirst

So how many months does it take to bring back functionality which was there to begin with, and which should never have been removed in the first place? 

So what is the idea behind demolishing things and then wait till there is enough public outrage about it? The popularity rating was one of the aspects I preferred in comparison to other music streaming services.

willpartch

IM going to chime in on this..... BRING THIS BACK.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B . R . I. N. G.    I. T.   B. A. C. K.  !!!!!

I Would always  search a band, artist w/e an than filter by most popular songs. an i would just start playing song most popular by some one i never truly listened to for, 9 times out of 10 id find new songs right away id add to my personal playlist.

than mixed with the Discover weekly my discover weekly would be amazing. i havent found a new song thru spotify search in few years. there used to be a work around you could type into the search bar ( ;search:spotify: willie nelson)  somthing like that, but i lost the sticky note i had long ago.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  bring this back.  i have ADHD and i loved this feature. Bring it back. like one one els said. make it an option to turn this feature on an off.

you gusy have done so well will spotify  give us hard core users this feature back.

there was a time i chose to pay my spotify subscription over food to put on my table over the years, for sol fact spotify keeps me calm. alot of us cant live with out spotify. 

Its been gone way to long.  now that i work from home. im truly missing this feature.

zabudnuty

HI PLEASE bring back the bars PLEASE. If you're going to take away the number of plays, at LEAST give us back the bars. Currently, the only songs you can see the number of plays for are an artist's "most popular" songs, but why do I care about the number of plays on those? I already know they're popular! I want to see which other songs on albums  are popular, and which ones are people's favorites so that I can start with those. There's usually a reason why some songs have less bars or less plays, and I think it is important when trying to discover a new artist that you first listen to their better songs. I literally pulled out my laptop to go on Spotify desktop mode for the first time in YEARS because I wanted to see the little bars. I was extremely disappointed to see that they're not there anymore. 

zabudnuty

Also, we want # of listens back on all songs! The songs that Spotify deems an artist's "most popular" are quite literally almost ALWAYS wrong in my experience. Why do ya'll tend to take away features that add functionality, constantly? It doesn't make sense to me. Just in the last year and a half, Spotify has become about half as functional. Especially Spotify mobile. I can't even like a song from my lock screen anymore, or pull up the full album art without unlocking (Galaxy Android). Seriously if yall need some customer-based think tanks or something, sign me up. 

Decorum

Would be really cool to have something similar to this on the mobile app as well. A full popularity bar might make things a little to crowded looking, but maybe add a star next to something after its had a certain amount of plays in ratio to the others on a particular album to indicate it might be more popular/better than others on the same album. 

zjeffer

I loved it when the popularity bar went away and we got numbers instead. The popularity bar never made sense to me. I can tell many people disagree, so the option to change it would be nice.

ignotus0001

I'm struggling to understand what would possess product managers to remove a VERY popular feature such as this when development costs have already been incurred. Only thing I can think of other than incompetence would be pressure from the artists? I dunno, but I really liked that feature and I'm annoyed.

alldaydrop

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK