[Desktop][Browse] Dismiss individual announcements

I like the announcements banners that are shown on the homepage of the desktop app. I like seeing new music both from artists I follow and others I might enjoy.

My issue, however, is that there's no way to dismiss these without hiding future announcements as well. If I've looked at an announcement and decide I'm not interested or I've already listened to it, I should be able to get it out of my way. Currently, if you click on the "hide announcements" button, it hides the announcement and disables the "Show announcements about new releases" setting.

Surely it should be pretty easy to have a simple X to dismiss this announcement and still have future announcements show up?

Updated on 2021-07-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Comments
Novy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Related Ideas