[Desktop] Copy text on the spotify app

Please let us copy text on spotify app on computer. I want to know when some of the componist, conductors, etc. lived and in which period. This is not written in the biography about the person.  I would be glad if we could either copy text so I could check which music period the artist lived in  (i.e. when they were born and when they died) on Google or that this could be added in the bio. of that person. Personally, I believe it would be better to make a function where you can copy text from the app. This is possible via the spotify webplayer on firefox, but not in the app itself.

This may be a good improvement that will help me and others in need. ;)

Sincerely

A spotify freak, Musiclicker94

Updated on 2019-05-28

Marked as a new idea 

This is a repost of the following inactive idea

>> What happens to the idea I submitted?

Comments
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-05-28

Marked as a new idea 

This is a repost of the following inactive idea

>> What happens to the idea I submitted?

Arikabeth
Roadie

Bringing back the ability to copy the song name (without having to resort to third party apps and programs to do it) would indeed be quite nice.

van1shzzjp

its a pain but you can open the song/playlist link in chrome, hit f12 for the console then top left of that use the element selector and click the song name. After that hit ctrl + c and paste it back and the song name will be in there. Its a pain but when i can't read song titles in different languages its what i need to do.

jahboite
Visitor

As a software developer, this would amuse me if it weren't quite so annoying.  I would love to be able to say to my customers "hey, it's not a bug, we just haven't implemented the feature yet. go over there and upvote the feature request and if it's popular enough in a short period of time then maybe we'll implement it".

It's not a missing feature Spotify, it's a stupid bug!  Fix yo s**t.

FYI I just want to be able to do a web search for an artist name when the name contains various characters that don't exist on my keyboard.

PS it looks like this feature request was first requested in 2014.  Fix yo s**t spotify!